HI flow Catalytic converters - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
HI flow Catalytic converters

For the Giulia Quadrfolgio, there are several options for these cats. I've been looking at Eurocompulsion and Fabspeed. I'm open to other options if anyone has feedback. These items seem to be a very good, if expensive, option. Are they, in fact, worth the $3500-4700 that they sell for? And can anyone comment as to whether these are California-compliant for carburetion smog purposes?

JDG
1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible de-catted angry beehive.
2002 Mercedes C230 Kompressor.
2006 Mercedes CLS55 AMG.
2008 Subaru STI aka "The Flying Brick".
2012 Nissan GTR Black Edition.
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 PM

I’m running 200 cel sport cats from fabspeed. Performance and sound are well worth it IMO. Fabspeed is known worldwide for Porsche, mclaren, Ferrari and BMW so quality is never an issue. Tune and sportcat Added 100+ whp to a quad. I think running a sport cat without a tune is sort of pointless IMO but to each his own. fabspeed tune and sportcat is around 5k total for a quad. That’s very inexpensive IMO for that car. Of course everyone’s idea of value is different. Depends on what you are looking for. I would not suggest a cheap hi flow cat if you’re trying to pass emissions. The HJS cats are the best. Same as 720s mclaren.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the information. I'm also looking at Forge Motorsport Recirculation kit. Figure I will do this first, prior to any tune and cat upgrade, so as to support the expected power upgrade. Also, would you know if Fabspeed tune would accomodate the Eurocompulsion Pedal Pro? I would think it should, since the Pedal Pro simply makes adjustments at the pedal/throttle level. Also, would you know if Fabspeed hi flow cat would mate with Centerline X-pipe without issue?

JDG
1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible de-catted angry beehive.
2002 Mercedes C230 Kompressor.
2006 Mercedes CLS55 AMG.
2008 Subaru STI aka "The Flying Brick".
2012 Nissan GTR Black Edition.
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddoc View Post
Thank you for the information. I'm also looking at Forge Motorsport Recirculation kit. Figure I will do this first, prior to any tune and cat upgrade, so as to support the expected power upgrade. Also, would you know if Fabspeed tune would accomodate the Eurocompulsion Pedal Pro? I would think it should, since the Pedal Pro simply makes adjustments at the pedal/throttle level. Also, would you know if Fabspeed hi flow cat would mate with Centerline X-pipe without issue?
The forge kit is inexpensive compared to what it accomplishes. The factory kit is fine for normal quad use. Alfa didn’t mess up with factory recirc kit, just if your maximizing power it’s not gonna hold up. The car can go 191 but isn’t meant to do that on the daily so any upgrades are worth it to prevent issues. I run a go-pedal with tune so no issues there. Also with tune exhaust is open in D mode. I know a lot of people look for that and Alfa just came out with it but I’ve had it for a while and it is well worth it. I’m guessing the fabspeed sportcat would mate with it. If not they are a leader in that industry for fabrication. Fab-speed lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page