Has anyone driven a Genesis G70?? - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Has anyone driven a Genesis G70??

Curious if anyone has driven a Genesis G70 yet? I've been hearing so much press about it that it's making me sick. I'm pretty sure it's just press fluffery because it's a shiny new object.

I sat in one in the showroom and i was not impressed with the interior. All the buttons look kinda cheesy. Perhaps not poor quality, but nothing particularly artistic about them. The steering wheel looks ridiculous. The "quilted leather" seats look ridiculous.

Maybe it drives amazing, and clearly it is a popular car. Truecar.com shows that average priced paid is practically MSRP right now.

A fully loaded Giulia Ti Sport 2.0T RWD (~$52k MSRP) is comparable to a G70 Sport 2.0T ($~46k), but the Giulia can actually be purchased new for maybe $8-10k off MSRP. Also, the G70 is down on horsepower by about 30 and 46 torques less. Weight is virtually the same.

What say you?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Have zero desire to try one....not snobby..just not interested in the car..it does nothing for me...
and before people decry snobbery...I've had Hyundai, Datsun, Mazda, Mitsubishi & KIA in my driveway at many different times...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have a desire to try one just to do my due diligence (have not yet purchased a Giulia). I will admit, cars have surprised me before and have been much better than I imagined. I just can't understand what the hype is about on the G70???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDriver View Post
Have zero desire to try one....not snobby..just not interested in the car..it does nothing for me...
and before people decry snobbery...I've had Hyundai, Datsun, Mazda, Mitsubishi & KIA in my driveway at many different times...
My sentiments exactly !

I would opt for the Kia Stinger over the Genesis G70, if I had to choose. Perhaps that's just me.
407Guy likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:26 PM

Giulia 280hp on a 3 mile highway sweep turn at 80 mph - rides on rails, G70 same situation likely not nearly as stable, otherwise prob the G70 is a nice car.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So I'm guessing nobody has driven it? Seems like a reasonable car to cross shop with the Giulia
alexclc likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingForce View Post
So I'm guessing nobody has driven it? Seems like a reasonable car to cross shop with the Giulia
It’s a great car actually. My gumad test drove it. It was solid. The v-6 g70 is a great value and performance. Definite competition to a giulia. Interior is light years better and the handling was solid. Not as crisp as a TI but I think most people don’t drive cars to its limits anyway. The genesis is not my type of car but I won’t be a hater either.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What was better about the interior? I didn't think it was so great when I sat in it. Looks pretty busy and not very stylish IMO
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRog View Post
I would opt for the Kia Stinger over the Genesis G70, if I had to choose. Perhaps that's just me.
+1

That Stinger GT is one of the best bang for the buck vehicles out there.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:50 PM

I was interested in checking out a G70 but there weren't any within 100s of miles of me. I came to my QV from a tuned Stinger and it said a lot about the Stinger/G70 that the interior quality and engine performance didn't feel like a huge step up to the QV. However, the two things that bothered me about the Stinger were the fake hood vents and after getting my wife an Optima I was less impressed with the interior/equipment. It bothered me that the less expensive Optima was on par with the Stinger for equipment and interior. It was the same thing that bothered me about the Ghibli loaner I had...I looked around and sort of felt like I was in a Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300 rental car.

I was interested in the G70 thinking the interior might be more impressive than the Stinger but with the same or better performance. Plus the Stinger exterior styling, while I like it, wasn't necessarily for me. I wish I could have cross-shopped the G70 when looking for my QV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page