Giulia Quadrifoglio quirks- anyone else? - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 28Likes

post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:33 PM

ACC is great but you have to accept that it isnt going to drive the same way a human would. Its just a sensor with a computer trying to keep a given distance based on your setting and speed. It cant recognize that traffic is about to stop and start coasting or braking early, and it cant recognize that the line in front is about to start going so it will always be a bit slower to react. I really like using it but I do use it kind of actively. I will turn it off if it starts accelerating but I can see that coasting or braking is more appropriate even though the car in front of me is still accelerating.

Last edited by Hoooper; 06-28-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanks for the ACC feedback. It doesn't sound like the technology has advanced much since 2010, which is fine. If I do buy this car, I'm going into it knowing its a drivers car with minimal luxury. I do worry about long term ownership since we keep our cars for 10+ years...... However, I am mechanically inclined and currently perform all mechanical work on our current vehicles.... I just don't want to be working on the Giulia all the time!
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 PM

Same here. We “think we are going to keep our cars for 10 years” but we typically end up trading sooner otherwise I would be about 150 years old based on cars X 10 = 150. We did buy the 8 year 125,000 miles. The car is worth the depreciation if it was salvage value after 8 years. No concerns we just wanted to be covered since I think the QV will be a keeper car.
Bender likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 02:42 PM

I still can't figure out what the greeting lights do and it's been over a month. I read in a guide that they are tied to the courtesy lights which the manual said are the lights in the sun visor mirror, but my lights turn on with this setting too.

I also wish there was a way to display the volume level at all times, ideally to replace the presets that I don't use, but anywhere would be helpful

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
I still can't figure out what the greeting lights do and it's been over a month. I read in a guide that they are tied to the courtesy lights which the manual said are the lights in the sun visor mirror, but my lights turn on with this setting too.

I also wish there was a way to display the volume level at all times, ideally to replace the presets that I don't use, but anywhere would be helpful
Speaking of volume, how do you turn down the ringer volume for phone alerts....it's obnoxiously loud to the point my kid covers his ears. I read here that you have to wait for a call to come in and you can turn it down with the volume control. But does that permanently set it from that point on?

2017 Vesuvio Grey, Ice Interior, Green Stitch Quadrifoglio
2018 Trifeo White, Red Interior, Q4 Stelvio
2013 Hyundai Genesis
2003 Supercharged Mercury Marauder
1990 Dakota Convertible w/ 360 Magnum

Past: 63 Chrysler 300 Vert, 91 GMC Syclone, 86 Buick Grand National
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:08 PM

Yes, different actions have different volumes and you have to wait for those actions to occur to change the volume during those actions

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 09:25 PM

you guys should buy a camrey.

Giulia QV
Diablo
Jalpa
Maserati GTS F1
GLA 45
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_ikes View Post
Hello everyone, after putting on 1200 miles on the Giulia Q in the last few weeks we've had a few quirks. Nothing major but they're still an issue.
  1. A service CEl pops up upon a remote cold start. This only occurs during a remote start.
  2. The interior hood release has somehow become detacted and needs to be warrintied. This occured while the car was getting wrapped and detailed; not their fault.
  3. During the window tinting process the interior lights were left on due to the doors being left ajar. The battery was drained slightly and needed to be jump started. Afterwards the dashboard became a Christmas tree. There was a general CEL along with a plethora of other lights. After 30 or so minutes of driving these issues resolved themselves after 30 +/- minutes of driving.
All of these quirks haven't been been too big but I'm curious if anyone has had these happen yet. Feel free to leave your .2
Nothing like that happened to me.
I had a loose wiring harness that the dealer took 23 days to fix, and bad rotors and/or pads which had to be replaced. No issues outside that.
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqc View Post
When I pull into the garage at home, the QV will often auto-stop.
Rather than leave the car in a suspended condition, I restart the car and turn it off using the stop/start button.

I am concerned if I do not go thru this procedure that the car is not complete turned off and may degrade the battery. I purposely did not go through this process on one occasion and found the radio running several hours after parking.

Anybody else have this concern?

If it's in SS state, doesn't it restart when you put it in park?
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:17 AM
aqc

Yep. Explicitly putting the car in park seems to be the best solution.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page