If you are sitting on the fence about the Michelin P4S tires - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 9Likes

post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahqv View Post
Any QV UK owners with PS4Ss? We have cold and wet weather a lot! I noticed a new Stelvio in the car park and was wearing Michelins. I wonder if Alfa now prefer Michelins?

The PS4Ss are pretty amazing on my Focus Mk3 RS. So I know they have street credibility.
Probably depends where you are in the UK. Our winter weather is cool and rainy, not cold. On a typical rainy winter day here it might be 45-55F and rainy. The PS4S in those conditions were quite good. Wet weather in general I would say they are quite good, but if you are getting freezing or below freezing weather regularly in the winter they wont like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:38 PM

I really want to try the Sport Cup 2's. I hear that they are better than the Corsas. Not sure if I want to step down in warm weather grip with PS4S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lowlight likes this.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitex View Post
I really want to try the Sport Cup 2's. I hear that they are better than the Corsas. Not sure if I want to step down in warm weather grip with PS4S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly but I want to maintain OEM size

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:50 PM

Garage
Thanks to the OP for the long post. I love my PS4S I do swap them off for the PA winter for a set of sottozeroís on 18Ē rims. I just swapped back to the PS4ís because itís staying well above freezing. They are wearing evenly and well and grip like crazy. I have had no issues with wet traction, itís clealry reduced compared to what they produce on warm dry roads but is still excellent.
lowlight likes this.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Thanks to the OP for the long post. I love my PS4S I do swap them off for the PA winter for a set of sottozero’s on 18” rims. I just swapped back to the PS4’s because it’s staying well above freezing. They are wearing evenly and well and grip like crazy. I have had no issues with wet traction, it’s clealry reduced compared to what they produce on warm dry roads but is still excellent.
Did you have the Corsa system prior to the P4S to compare them to? I ask because it doesn't appear you have a QV.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 PM

Garage
If this is a QV only thread, my apologies because your right I don’t have one.
The only time I have driven a Giulia on OEM tires was during the test drive. I disliked them so much I refused to take delivery of my special order Ti until the dealer put PS4’s on.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
If this is a QV only thread, my apologies because your right I don’t have one.
The only time I have driven a Giulia on OEM tires was during the test drive. I disliked them so much I refused to take delivery of my special order Ti until the dealer put PS4’s on.
All good. Yes it's a qv thread, you just caught my attention about the 18's because I've been considering finding some and apparently there are only a few that clear the brakes. So I clicked on your name to PM you and noticed your avatar had something missing on the DNA dial 😉
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Garage
I hold out hope that it will be possible to ‘fix’ the missing DNA option at some point.
BTW my 18’s are AR sport wheels, not that it helps you with fitting over the QV calipers.

Last edited by Alan; 04-12-2019 at 10:24 PM.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:38 AM

[QUOTE=Hoooper;770404]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahqv View Post

Probably depends where you are in the UK. Our winter weather is cool and rainy, not cold. On a typical rainy winter day here it might be 45-55F and rainy. The PS4S in those conditions were quite good. Wet weather in general I would say they are quite good, but if you are getting freezing or below freezing weather regularly in the winter they wont like that.
All good points. I plan to also have a separate set of winter tyres, which is what I should have done with my Focus RS.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:35 AM

Garage
I drive a 2017 Base Giulia with Sport Package/Rims and mine came with some kind of Bridgestone Terranza All-Weather tires that were the worst tires I've ever experienced on a car. Knew nothing of this tire when I first took possession of my slightly used car and, during a famous Florida rainstorm, immediately had issues with traction with speeds above 50 mph or so during especially wet conditions. Made it all of three weeks before I hydroplaned on I-95 and smashed the back end into a guardrail. Off to the shop it went and my research on this tire showed overwhelmingly poor results in wet or icy conditions with many proclaiming not to drive them in those conditions.

I get my ride back (shop did a phenomenal job during the 2 months they had it) and immediately install Pirelli PZero's (non run-flat). HUGE difference in performance. Overall, a great tire for traction in all conditions but they burned completely up in 10K miles.

So I drank the Kool-Aid and opted for the Michelin PS4's. First impression is they do feel just a bit harder than the Pirelli's, but I'm looking to get better than 10K out of 'em so this is why I spent the extra money. Only had them a few weeks or so and I've already taken my first road trip. Drove down to Cocoa Beach from Jacksonville and back (usually a 2+ hour trip). Made it back in 90 minutes flat. I was averaging triple-digit speed most of the drive back and the traction and control was every bit as good as folks rave about. Overall, the claims seem to be true. Next is to find out what kind of mileage I get out of 'em!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page