Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelsinelise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
And race mode with traction/ecs ON
Why???
Because sometimes it would be nice to have access to all the horsepower we purchased without disabling basic safety features.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups View Post
because sometimes it would be nice to have access to all the horsepower we purchased without disabling basic safety features.
exactly!!

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
exactly!!

Absolutely!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Because sometimes it would be nice to have access to all the horsepower we purchased without disabling basic safety features.
It does not make any sense. Why not drive in "D" instead? "D" gives you full power with electronic nannies if that's what you want. Cap your exhaust valves if non-restricted sound is what you are after. If you want safety, buy a Volvo.

Wishes like this, if granted, will eventually throw QV back into same predicament as standard Giulia, namely non-defeatable ESC. Look at what happened after some people complained about scraping their front splitter - everybody got taller springs now.

I say more pure mechanical connection to the machine, fewer nannies!

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Last edited by apelsinelise; 04-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
It does not make any sense. Why not drive in "D" instead? "D" gives you full power with electronic nannies if thats what you want. Cap your exhaust valves if non-restricted sound is what you are after. If you want safety, buy a Volvo.

Wishes like this, if granted, will eventually throw QV back into same predicament as standard Giulia, namely non-defeatable ESC. Look at what happened after some people complained about scrapping their front splitter - everybody got taller springs now.

There's a big difference between D and Race mode which is not just limited to ESC being disabled.

Not sure what to say if you can't feel the difference. We're not saying less connection, we just want more control.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It does not make any sense. Why not drive in "D" instead? "D" gives you full power with electronic nannies if that's what you want. Cap your exhaust valves if non-restricted sound is what you are after. If you want safety, buy a Volvo.

Wishes like this, if granted, will eventually throw QV back into same predicament as standard Giulia, namely non-defeatable ESC. Look at what happened after some people complained about scraping their front splitter - everybody got taller springs now.

D does not give you "full power". It's especially evident in lower gears. I'd say it's ~20% less power. If you haven't noticed that, then you lack a connection with the machine.

Your comment about Volvo and our comments changing AR direction are ridiculous. The reality is we don't get granular enough control vs the competition. IMO we need an ESC button. We should be able to have 500 HP with the soft suspension setting if we want it.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitex View Post
There's a big difference between D and Race mode which is not just limited to ESC being disabled.
Yes, there is a HUGE difference. And that difference is due to pro-active nature of QV's ESC. ESC and TC are there for a reason. If you think you can just mash your right foot anytime you want to feel 505hp and have ESC not intervene... well, I do not know what to say.

Being able to drive 505hp rear-drive car at full power requires the driver to know where traction limits are as well as driver's ability to manage the car beyond the traction limit. ESC, when on, will not let that happen. Ever.

ESC on = good bye race mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitex View Post
Not sure what to say if you can't feel the difference. We're not saying less connection, we just want more control.
No. You want a video game. It's either you or cars computers controlling traction.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
D does not give you "full power". It's especially evident in lower gears. I'd say it's ~20% less power. If you haven't noticed that, then you lack a connection with the machine.
I'm not sure you understand that ESC is doing, especially in lower gears.

How many times have you taken your QV to the track?

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:10 PM

Bro, are you kidding me? Really? You think I don't know how to drive powerful rear wheel drive cars? GTFOH.

Almost every other manufacturer will let you go into sport plus mode with loosened ESC mode. Try pushing your luck on a mountain run with ESC fully off. You should'nt need it, but it's nice to have a loosened ESC mode just in case.

Again it's about having full control over your cars features. Who TF is taking about video games? You can keep thinking that you're a hero driver that won't ever need any safety net. Lol. YouTube is full of those drivers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page