New member saying hi - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By mke-qv

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New member saying hi

Good morning (here anyway) all, newly registered member saying hi to everyone. Per my screen name I'm in Milwaukee, WI and just picked up this beautiful new 2018 Giulia QV last week! A long time lurker here and a member on fchat I knew when it was time to replace my old daily (2008 ISF) that I wanted this to be the car. I had my wants:
- Dark Blue, Tri-Layer Red or Volcano black
- Sparco seats
- 2018+

And was able to get all of them! Interior is black with red stitching, Sparco's (as mentioned). The only thing I didn't get which wasn't a "must have" is the CF steering wheel so I'm looking at options for that. Steel brakes which I wanted over the CCB.

Still trying to figured everything out with her, the one thing that is odd is trying to flip through the stations on Sirius....do I really have to use the central scroll button for that? Whenever I try to use the arrow buttons it only flips through my presets.

But I absolutely LOVE her. The only thing I need now is for the weather to clear so I can drive her more often (will be buying all seasons/rims for next winter).

Happy to be here and look forward to "meeting" you all, hopefully even some other WI owners since I have yet to see another on the road around here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jules.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	85614  
MPMB, lost1750GTV and lowlight like this.

Last edited by mke-qv; 04-11-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke-qv View Post
Good morning (here anyway) all, newly registered member saying hi to everyone. Per my screen name I'm in Milwaukee, WI and just picked up this beautiful new 2018 Giulia QV last week! A long time lurker here and a member on fchat I knew when it was time to replace my old daily (2008 ISF) that I wanted this to be the car. I had my wants:
- Dark Blue, Tri-Layer Red or Volcano black
- Sparco seats
- 2018+

And was able to get all of them! Interior is black with red stitching, Sparco's (as mentioned). The only thing I didn't get which wasn't a "must have" is the CF steering wheel so I'm looking at options for that. Steel brakes which I wanted over the CCB.

Still trying to figured everything out with her, the one thing that is odd is trying to flip through the stations on Sirius....do I really have to use the central scroll button for that? Whenever I try to use the arrow buttons it only flips through my presets.

But I absolutely LOVE her. The only thing I need now is for the weather to clear so I can drive her more often (will be buying all seasons/rims for next winter).

Happy to be here and look forward to "meeting" you all, hopefully even some other WI owners since I have yet to see another on the road around here.
Welcome! I think there’s a setting in the Infotainment to select whether the arrow buttons go to favorites only or all available stations.

- 2017 Montecarlo Blue RWD Giulia Ti Lusso Light Wood Pkg, Madness GoPedal+, Infotainment Ver. 002.009.059
- 1974 Triumph TR6
- 2012 Audi Q5
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Garage
Hi and welcome. Congrats on your new car! The sparco seats are really special. Also, the red is amazing in the sun. Get a carbon coating!

Re the wheel, I have the CF one and whilst I obviously think it's great, it IS a little bit busy in terms of material touch points. Also, I know the alcantara will wear. Leather is a lot less hassle, but also very nice and pure. Some people, not me obviously, might even sometimes avoid touching the alcantara bit just to avoid wearing it down. That would obviously be deeply weird (...)

That said, here is a great video of auto fanatic changing the steering wheel on his, if you can get hold of the CF one.

There is a level of technical skill required here (I would probably end up with the steering wheel on an axle and a tyre on the steering column...) but it looks like a fun project if you have the wherewithal to do it.

PS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM

Congrats OP!

Fellow Milwaukee-area resident here...hoping to get my QV in < 2 years...you can believe I'm counting the days!

Love all of your "must have's", same as mine...though I really do want the Technico wheels. Keep the 5-hole for your winter tires (highly recommend over all-seasons).

Big fan of the IS-F...used to be a dream car of mine, like the C63, GT-R...so many cars!

Anyway, hope to see you out on the roads...I think I've only seen 1 or 2 QV in the wild, less than a dozen non-QV Giulias too, not that we're exactly in a big city...

Current: Tundra, 3GT
Past: GTI, Evo VIII, Mustang, Si, Evo X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page