Anyone using piggy back tuning options? - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 23Likes

post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Anyone using piggy back tuning options?

Until just a couple of days ago, I was unaware that there were any piggyback tuning options available for the car. I like the idea of a piggyback on a potentially unreliable car far more than shipping the ECUs out for flashing and this car needs more power, so I need one ASAP. hah. Is anyone using one of those options? I was about to pull the trigger at DTE/chiptuning.com with a claimed +50hp, but it seems that TDI Tuning also has a similar offering and are showing +80hp gains. Thoughts? Reviews?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Garage
why are all of these tuners in Europe? does pogea have a tune option?

I just wonder how legit these folks are and the veracity of their hp claims? I sure like the idea and ease of install for this piggyback method.
lowlight likes this.

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:48 PM

I like and have supported Eurocompulsion's work in regards to Giulia & Stelvio tuning, but I agree, a piggyback and/or flash tune would also be interesting.

Wonder if Burgertuning is working on anything. I know they have options for the Giulia/Stelvio 2.0T, but not QV so far...

Current: Tundra, 3GT
Past: GTI, Evo VIII, Mustang, Si, Evo X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
I like and have supported Eurocompulsion's work in regards to Giulia & Stelvio tuning, but I agree, a piggyback and/or flash tune would also be interesting.

Wonder if Burgertuning is working on anything. I know they have options for the Giulia/Stelvio 2.0T, but not QV so far...
They’re not actively working it. I actually have been recently reading emails with them about it and provided them with pictures of our sensors and locations, but nothing firm came of the discussion.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I went ahead and ordered the TDI Tuning solution. I'll report back how it works.
Avnyc11 likes this.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:30 AM

Hocky, looking forward to your TDI review! Definitely seems interesting! Best of luck with it, and keep us posted.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:34 AM

Garage
How about the JB4 from John Burger Motorsports? http://www.burgertuning.com/alfa_rom...nce_tuner.html

Edit: Just realized you are looking for tuning for the QV, so the JB4 does not apply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JB4 Giulia.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	82074  

2018 Giulia ti Sport (delivered 4/14/2018)
Stromboli Q4 with ti Performance Pack, Sunroof, etc.

* EC V2 Intake
* CF Rear spoiler
* Logo (Script) Puddle Lights
* Red "Start/Stop" button
* EC Wheel spacers (5/17mm)

Last edited by Martyn; 01-10-2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added text
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM

I have a DTE Tuner. In all fairness I am the distributor for DTE Systems here in the US and am gauging the traffic on this site before taking the full plunge into sponsorship so I don't want to get into trying to sell the product here and violate the site terms. I can offer insight in to the market from a customer standpoint as that's how I got involved with them to begin with. I bought one for my S4. It worked. I asked the same questions about why they weren't really pushing them here. Got an ambiguous response. I offer to try and here we are.

That being said. It is a legit market. Some tuners are better than other. Some claims are accurate. Some are less than accurate. Some don't test and tune their product on a dyno, some do. There are a number of factors in what makes a successful tuner. Chief among them is signal speed, signal consistency and hardware quality. Here is my installation on my personal QV. The tune is a dyno tuned, dyno proven +50hp/+60tq.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	82090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	82092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0973.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	82094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa Quad Dyno.PNG
Views:	200
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	82096   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	82098  

Name:	IMG_0971.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	82100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0970.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	82102  
lowlight likes this.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a DTE Tuner. In all fairness I am the distributor for DTE Systems here in the US and am gauging the traffic on this site before taking the full plunge into sponsorship so I don't want to get into trying to sell the product here and violate the site terms. I can offer insight in to the market from a customer standpoint as that's how I got involved with them to begin with. I bought one for my S4. It worked. I asked the same questions about why they weren't really pushing them here. Got an ambiguous response. I offer to try and here we are.

That being said. It is a legit market. Some tuners are better than other. Some claims are accurate. Some are less than accurate. Some don't test and tune their product on a dyno, some do. There are a number of factors in what makes a successful tuner. Chief among them is signal speed, signal consistency and hardware quality. Here is my installation on my personal QV. The tune is a dyno tuned, dyno proven +50hp/+60tq.
I can’t read German. Is that a wheel or BHP chart?
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Philly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I can’t read German. Is that a wheel or BHP chart?
Radleistung is at the wheel and motorleistung is at the motor. Rad means wheel and leistung means power.

Last edited by Swissalfa; 01-10-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page