Anyone using piggy back tuning options? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 23Likes

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 03:42 PM

Garage
honky, please keep us updated. I look forward to your thoughts!!

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The boxes showed up today from TDI Tuning. I ordered mid morning on Wednesday and they arrived mid day from the UK on Friday. That is pretty good turn around. Their sales team was responsive when I asked questions prior to ordering, too. Everything looked professionally packaged, good directions, and the parts look like high quality units. I went ahead and threw them into the car right away (you receive 2 piggy backs, 1 for each bank) since the install looked like it would be quick. I popped the hood, let it sit for a bit for everything to go to sleep, and then popped the connectors on and zip tied everything in place. It took maybe 20 minutes to get everything in place, routed, and tied up. The car fired right up with no dash christmas trees, so that was a good start. You're supposed to drive for a while on level 4 before moving up to levels, so I did. There is a pretty substantial torque increase at level 4 and more so at level 7. It definitely picked up good power and torque, but it is really hard to quantify what that means exactly. Ultimately, it does work and the car does feel quit a bit stronger, particularly in the mid range where it really didn't have much punch in stock form. I'll see how it does over the coming months and once the track opens up, I'll go try to make a 1/4 mile pass just to see how the gains look. So far, so good!
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocky View Post
The boxes showed up today from TDI Tuning. I ordered mid morning on Wednesday and they arrived mid day from the UK on Friday. That is pretty good turn around. Their sales team was responsive when I asked questions prior to ordering, too. Everything looked professionally packaged, good directions, and the parts look like high quality units. I went ahead and threw them into the car right away (you receive 2 piggy backs, 1 for each bank) since the install looked like it would be quick. I popped the hood, let it sit for a bit for everything to go to sleep, and then popped the connectors on and zip tied everything in place. It took maybe 20 minutes to get everything in place, routed, and tied up. The car fired right up with no dash christmas trees, so that was a good start. You're supposed to drive for a while on level 4 before moving up to levels, so I did. There is a pretty substantial torque increase at level 4 and more so at level 7. It definitely picked up good power and torque, but it is really hard to quantify what that means exactly. Ultimately, it does work and the car does feel quit a bit stronger, particularly in the mid range where it really didn't have much punch in stock form. I'll see how it does over the coming months and once the track opens up, I'll go try to make a 1/4 mile pass just to see how the gains look. So far, so good!
Nice!

Do you have a link?

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:15 PM

TMC Motorsport Piggyback option

FWIW to the OP, I have one of these available for sale that is still BNIB. I'm going to get an exhaust and bench tune soon, so am going to hold off on installing this and use the money to fund the bench tune: https://www.tmcmotorsport.com/product/5611

I've used TMC boxes for many years and have nothing but excellent experience with them, and these are tuned specifically for each application, etc.: https://www.tmcmotorsport.com/product/5611

PM if interested.
lowlight likes this.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
Nice!

Do you have a link?
https://tdi-tuning.com/
Avnyc11 likes this.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Intriguing. Thank you

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
interested in this for the Stelvio QV
lowlight likes this.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcmahon View Post
Quote:
interested in this for the Stelvio QV
Seletron chip boxes are pretty good for QV. The abarth 500 guys swear by them.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 AM

Anyone have experience with the TDI tune for a 2.0L? They claim increase to 344 BHP and it's tempting at about $400. Seems a little far fetched.

2018 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TI SPORT AWD
Rosso Competizione
Ti Sport Performance Package
Remus Axleback Exhaust

98 Jeep Wrangler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Philly View Post
Seletron chip boxes are pretty good for QV. The abarth 500 guys swear by them.
Feedback looked good on this so I ordered a few days ago, will report back when installed.

https://seletron.com/en/shop/alfa-ro...891ccm/chipbox

-Mark
'18 Giulia Q.V.
'16 Aprilia RSV4 RF track bike
'15 H-D XG750 street tracker
'09 Honda CRF450R supermoto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page