QV Price - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 186Likes

post #1 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
QV Price

I am close to pulling a trigger on a QV that is on order by my local dealer. They are willing to waive their BS dealer fee of $600 but will not negotiate off of sticker price. 2 other dealers I visited told me also that they will not sell a QV for under sticker price.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a QV for under sticker price and if so, was it a QV on the lot or one you ordered?

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Max

Garage
If you're ok shipping the car, or want to take a long drive (guessing) call up Alfa Romeo of Portland, Maine and see if Ken Sweet is still there. Based on what I know, you have a good shot at getting a good deal. You can get more than 600 off that's for sure ...

Max

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4 -- Rosso/Tan -- Final Assembly April 8th, 2017, in the garage June 20th, 2017
2007 Range Rover Supercharged -- Zermatt Silver/Ivory -- Sold!
post #3 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro-Cane View Post
I am close to pulling a trigger on a QV that is on order by my local dealer. They are willing to waive their BS dealer fee of $600 but will not negotiate off of sticker price. 2 other dealers I visited told me also that they will not sell a QV for under sticker price.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a QV for under sticker price and if so, was it a QV on the lot or one you ordered?

Thanks for the feedback!
A couple of us ordered ours at least $3000 off MSRP, one more bought what was in the lot for about the same.
PM me if you need dealer info. Same dealer has a 2018 Vesuvio gray with sparcos and CCB and is willing to let it go at a lot less then MSRP.....
Alfaholico and QVpilot like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 PM

Garage
Dealer in Boise Id has this one listed for almost 4k off MSRP

https://www.alfaromeousaofboise.com/...b9e985c813.htm

Robert

2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 Monte Carlo Blue (ordered Oct 4 2017- Received Feb 3 2018)

2002 Chevy Silverado
2011 Chevy HRR
2008 Chevy Cobolt
1988 Chevy S10 Blazer
post #5 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 06:12 PM

I got about $2K off but I would say importance having a good relationship with your local dealership should not be under estimated. So you buy out of town and have it shipped. Thats an added cost. Perhaps you’d loose on tax savings on a trade-in in that case. So how much do you really save?

Then lets say there are some unforseen issues with the vehicle, will it be worth the hassle? Would a few hundred dollars be worth giving up the ease of driving to your local dealer?

Negotiate hard, but in the end buying locally is what I would recommend. I could probably get $3K off if I bought out of town, but that ~$1k was not worth it to me.
Alfaholico likes this.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' • Andy Dufresne

Last edited by jamgolf; 01-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.
post #6 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM

I have... My guy will sell you the car $5500 under MSRP, I couldn't believe it myself, no-one else came close. My buddy just bought the Stelvio and he got 6k off that one. By far the best deal around, he is tracking who I send him so PM me your number and Ill have him call you right away. He will ship it to you for free, my Q wasn't on the lot so ordered it the way I wanted, same deal applied. On top of all that, you might find a surprise or 2 in the car when it shows up He just called me yesterday with a QV all decked out with the carbon brakes and seats, is a 2017 but will take 8k off it

Last edited by Whatsthematteryou; 01-17-2018 at 07:32 PM.
post #7 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 PM

18 or 17?

Quad 17 should be able to get $10k off (if you are a good negotiator). 18 $4-5k off.

Phone is your friend.

Good luck.
Cuniberti likes this.

New Alfa Buyers Live in the Future - Not the Past
post #8 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Alfaholico Send a message via MSN to Alfaholico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthematteryou View Post
I have... My guy will sell you the car $5500 under MSRP, I couldn't believe it myself, no-one else came close. My buddy just bought the Stelvio and he got 6k off that one. By far the best deal around, he is tracking who I send him so PM me your number and Ill have him call you right away. He will ship it to you for free, my Q wasn't on the lot so ordered it the way I wanted, same deal applied. On top of all that, you might find a surprise or 2 in the car when it shows up He just called me yesterday with a QV all decked out with the carbon brakes and seats, is a 2017 but will take 8k off it
I'm contemplating trading my Volvo V 60 R Design for a Stelvio but I want the Quad...Who is your dealer and where are they located ?....thanks, D

Dr. Dino Pappous
President NY Alfa Romeo Owners Club
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
2017 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
1991 164 S
1964 Giulia Sprint GT

2016 Volvo V 60 R Design (SOLD !)
2012 Audi S 5 (SOLD !)
post #9 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamgolf View Post
I got about $2K off but I would say importance having a good relationship with your local dealership should not be under estimated. So you buy out of town and have it shipped. Thats an added cost. Perhaps you’d loose on tax savings on a trade-in in that case. So how much do you really save?

Then lets say there are some unforseen issues with the vehicle, will it be worth the hassle? Would a few hundred dollars be worth giving up the ease of driving to your local dealer?

Negotiate hard, but in the end buying locally is what I would recommend. I could probably get $3K off if I bought out of town, but that ~$1k was not worth it to me.
Wait are you guys saying that your Local Alfa dealer will turn their nose at you for Not buying a QV from them, especially when you need to have service done?
That is mind blowing to me.. Lexus never cared where I purchased the car from....

Cro-Cane

I asked this question a few weeks ago and I found some of the same issues you found, I missed the end of year "get this car off my lot" deals. I got a lot of great leads from the members here (thanks Boston DMD) on the forum, however some of them were with the CCB package witch I am not interested in or out of my price range ( wish I was Ballin like some of you guys up here lol) . However I did find a few dealers willing to work a deal. My local dealer is not one of them. I have an OTD budget I'm trying to stay within so its been interesting.

If you look at Cars.com and Car Guru's there are over a dozen I have been tracking over the last month that have dropped in price off MSRP. A few of them in the midwest and the Alfa dealer in Bakersfield CA has some smoking deals on Quads.. I think a few members here and lucked out and got a few of them for 10K off due to a Pricing error on the website, I assume the dealer had to honor that price.

Good luck.. I'm in the same boat as you..

2011- USB Lexus ISF
2000- LB Saab 9-3 Viggen
1985- Toyota Supra- 2JZ Single Turbo -602 HP
2005- Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
2007- Volvo S60R - MTE Stage 2
2008- Volvo XC90 V8 Sport
1999- Honda Prelude SH- Track beast
post #10 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Blk Guy View Post
Local Alfa dealer will turn their nose at you for Not buying a QV from them, especially when you need to have service done?
That is mind blowing to me.. Lexus never cared where I purchased the car from....
No, I am not saying that local Alfa dealer "will turn their nose at you" - because dealerships make a lot of their money via service departments so they would never do that.

But personally I feel having a good relationship with my local dealer is valueable. If you can save $5K to $10K elsewhere, then by all means do so. But buying somewhere else to save $1K was really not worth it to me. When I go to my dealer everyone from the GM down to the guy washing cars know who I am and exactly which car I ordered and which car I ended up buying. They treat me well and I expect if I ever need any assistance they would be there for me. That is worth something.

There have been multiple threads about good/bad Alfa dealers. So, if there is a good Alfa dealer local to you then support the local guy, the local economy.
Thats my 2 cents

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' • Andy Dufresne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page