QV Price - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 186Likes

post #11 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 PM

Garage
I think any big money off will likely be a car with sparcos and carbon brakes. Those big ticket options give dealers more wiggle room for a discount and more likelihood those cars won’t sell quite as easily, not that they aren’t desirable but they are really expensive and not very necessary for most people.

I personally called around to dealers that had cars I liked. One said they don’t sell under msrp but another said they do the same but was still willing to entertain offers so I made one and we agreed on $2700 off my MY2018. Normally I’d look for an even better deal but the car was almost exactly like I’d order it so that deal was good enough for me. Best advice is to call around.

Also during my search I noticed that some dealers show inventory and on order cars and allow you to see the window stickers and some don’t for some reason. If they list the VIN but don’t show you the sticker just copy the VIN and go to a dealer’s site that does show stickers and click on one and just paste over that VIN with the one you’re interested in in the address bar and you can see the Sticker if it’s available.

Last edited by JerryNY; 01-17-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the input everyone.
post #13 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:12 PM
kss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro-Cane View Post
I am close to pulling a trigger on a QV that is on order by my local dealer. They are willing to waive their BS dealer fee of $600 but will not negotiate off of sticker price. 2 other dealers I visited told me also that they will not sell a QV for under sticker price.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a QV for under sticker price and if so, was it a QV on the lot or one you ordered?

Thanks for the feedback!
I had a dealer in another province offer $3k off the price of a 2017 QV, and my local dealer was willing to match. However, i decided to hold off until next year now, so i can get the colour and options i want, otherwise i'd be paying extra for options i don't want and be missing ones that i do. Apple play will also be available than and i'll have another year of monitoring reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:20 PM
kss

the local BMW calgary treats you like crap if you purchased somewhere else. Even though regularly scheduled maintenance is supposed to be included BMW Calgary would tell you they are booked for the next 3 moths. My friend who bought a bmw in California ended up taking his BMW to Edmonton for servicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Blk Guy View Post
Wait are you guys saying that your Local Alfa dealer will turn their nose at you for Not buying a QV from them, especially when you need to have service done?
That is mind blowing to me.. Lexus never cared where I purchased the car from....

Cro-Cane

I asked this question a few weeks ago and I found some of the same issues you found, I missed the end of year "get this car off my lot" deals. I got a lot of great leads from the members here (thanks Boston DMD) on the forum, however some of them were with the CCB package witch I am not interested in or out of my price range ( wish I was Ballin like some of you guys up here lol) . However I did find a few dealers willing to work a deal. My local dealer is not one of them. I have an OTD budget I'm trying to stay within so its been interesting.

If you look at Cars.com and Car Guru's there are over a dozen I have been tracking over the last month that have dropped in price off MSRP. A few of them in the midwest and the Alfa dealer in Bakersfield CA has some smoking deals on Quads.. I think a few members here and lucked out and got a few of them for 10K off due to a Pricing error on the website, I assume the dealer had to honor that price.

Good luck.. I'm in the same boat as you..
post #15 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:23 PM

Found a QV for $71k with 2,200 miles on it through Car and Driver Listings......
https://www.caranddriver.com/vehicle...0066&range=250
inikkor likes this.
post #16 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthematteryou View Post
I have... My guy will sell you the car $5500 under MSRP, I couldn't believe it myself, no-one else came close. My buddy just bought the Stelvio and he got 6k off that one. By far the best deal around, he is tracking who I send him so PM me your number and Ill have him call you right away. He will ship it to you for free, my Q wasn't on the lot so ordered it the way I wanted, same deal applied. On top of all that, you might find a surprise or 2 in the car when it shows up He just called me yesterday with a QV all decked out with the carbon brakes and seats, is a 2017 but will take 8k off it
Jeez, this makes me feel like I should buy another QV for some reason.

For the sake of contributing to the topic, I got my 2017 for $3k under MSRP at the end of September.
SDdreamer likes this.
post #17 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryNY View Post

Also during my search I noticed that some dealers show inventory and on order cars and allow you to see the window stickers and some donít for some reason. If they list the VIN but donít show you the sticker just copy the VIN and go to a dealerís site that does show stickers and click on one and just paste over that VIN with the one youíre interested in in the address bar and you can see the Sticker if itís available.
This is helpful. It's amusing to me how many dealers go on and on in their descriptions about completely standard features - including ones that basically any car built in the last 40 years has - but then they don't list the options that could actually be the deciding factor in their car versus another to a buyer cross shopping using teh interwebz.

Do buyers really say "Wow! this one comes with a defrosting rear windshield! I must have it!"
lowlight likes this.
post #18 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:55 PM

Garage
So, is the Giulia QV technically a 2016 or 2017 car?
I'm thinking about the day (hopefully many years from now) when my brethren decides to sell... will it be worth anything?
Myrka
post #19 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 AM

PM me your name and number and Ill have him call you, already sent him another member here... he's open to even better numbers on the 2017s now too
lowlight likes this.
post #20 of 233 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Mine is a 2018, being delivered end of January (maybe lol), I got the carbon steering wheel, upgraded wheels I wanted, I chose not to the carbon brakes, but complete price was 72k, the MSRP was 78 and change. Shipping to my door is free... that again is for a 2018 custom order, he will make you better deal on 2017
lowlight likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page