Is Your Q.V. a Daily Driver - Page 13 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 124Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #121 of 127 (permalink) Unread 03-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
LBAlphaQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 148
Garage
Yup my 2017 QV is the daily driver, just flipped 10k miles yesterday. I think the simplicity of the DNA mode is what makes it so easy to drive in almost all conditions. Sure it’s a challenge to see how far we can push this amazing car, but I don’t expect unrealistic tire grip in wet conditions, I use my head and drive in A mode. This car will spin ANY tire under full throttle from a stop no matter the temperature!

Learning to drive manual trans/ rear wheel drive before the creation of traction control/LSD/Etc...puts controlling this car or any car into perspective. You can’t and don’t want the car to do everything for you. Learning to control the throttle and counter steer is critical.

Hence, When the coast is clear I will switch into D or Race for a bit of fun, switch to the paddles, spin the tires and keep control. Every day I’m still amazed at the versatility of this car as I’m sure the rest of my fellow QV owners are.

Happy driving!
Racer Z, lowlight and MP55 like this.

2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio (Alfa Rosso)
LBAlphaQV is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 127 (permalink) Unread 05-18-2019, 12:08 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6
Have only had mine for two days and it's so much fun. Even though I have a very short commute, will be daily driving mine.

07 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT ZF, Grigio Alloy/Cuoio Sella, K40 Calibre, PARROT CK3100, BMC Air Filter, FD Brake Pads, LED Tail Lights, Larini X-Pipe, Tubi Mufflers, 3M Deep Matte Black Wrap, Gloss Black Wheels - SOLD
2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Sport Design package, CF, Alcantara, Bose. SOLD
2013 Tesla Model S: P85 Huper Optik Tint, Vossen Forged HC-1, airmatic lowering links, yellow calipers.SOLD
19 Giulia QV, Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat, Nero Edizione, Black/Ice, Technicos
Atlantan is online now  
post #123 of 127 (permalink) Unread 05-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 29
it my daily. at 3K mile in less than 60 days.
lowlight likes this.

--------------------
2018 AR Guilia QV - CCB, Sparco, Madness
2018 DTUK SQ5 - Tuned
2004 Mini R53 - Track Rat Beater - Stripped

Long Gone but not Forgotten
2017 Focus RS - DTUK Tuned
2014 SQ5 - DTUK Tuned
2009 Mini Clubman JCW - Alta Tuned 290hp
2005 E55 Wagon - OE Tuning 750hp
2001 B5 S4 Avant - RS4 Conversion - 450hp
ginster6 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 127 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 86
Mine isn't my daily, i'm kinda afraid that someone will hit it in a parking lot, or get rock chips on the front end or who knows what else. But when i do take it out for a drive, its amazing! I wish i could convince myself that its just a car and to drive it everywhere and if something happens such as a rock chip or door ding, well **** happens right...just hard to get over that hurdle for me.. My wife even says you paid so much for this car just so it mostly sits around, and yea shes right in that regard.

'17 QV
Buba1 is online now  
post #125 of 127 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
LBAlphaQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba1 View Post
Mine isn't my daily, i'm kinda afraid that someone will hit it in a parking lot, or get rock chips on the front end or who knows what else. But when i do take it out for a drive, its amazing! I wish i could convince myself that its just a car and to drive it everywhere and if something happens such as a rock chip or door ding, well **** happens right...just hard to get over that hurdle for me.. My wife even says you paid so much for this car just so it mostly sits around, and yea shes right in that regard.
I had The XPEL film installed on the entire front end of the car and hood, it adds some piece of mind for minor dings. You can do the entire car too but that could run upwards of 10k.

2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio (Alfa Rosso)
LBAlphaQV is online now  
post #126 of 127 (permalink) Unread Today, 06:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAlphaQV View Post
I had The XPEL film installed on the entire front end of the car and hood, it adds some piece of mind for minor dings. You can do the entire car too but that could run upwards of 10k.
The thing about all these films is that, the way i see it, if a rock will hit it, i'll have to repair the film at the very least and possibly the paint under depending on how severe the impact or size of rock was. If there is no film then you just touch it up and done.

'17 QV
Buba1 is online now  
post #127 of 127 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
LBAlphaQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba1 View Post
The thing about all these films is that, the way i see it, if a rock will hit it, i'll have to repair the film at the very least and possibly the paint under depending on how severe the impact or size of rock was. If there is no film then you just touch it up and done.
My understanding is the product was developed for the army to coat their helicopter wings with when flying in the Middle East because the sand was chewing them apart.
For road debris and small stones 1”, I fell very comfortable with the product. Remember bumpers are plastic and can pit very easily.
Even it I got a small cut in the film I wouldn’t have it replaced, that’s what it’s there for.

2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio (Alfa Rosso)
LBAlphaQV is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome