How to order 2018 Giulia Q - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 35Likes

post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How to order 2018 Giulia Q

We live in the Bay Area (North CA) and visited several dealers. Needless to say they want between $10K to $20K markup over MSRP price, which we are not willing to pay, but they have no clue (our interpretation) on how to order the vehicle. One said it will take years to deliver the Giulia Q, which just doesn't make sense, another could not tell even approximate schedule.
We found the vehicle in So CA (LA) which almost fits our requirements and they asked MSRP, but after reading a number of posts related to glitches (spent weekend ) we are leaning toward ordering 2018 model.
1. Should I anticipate any issues servicing the vehicle at the local dealership, and do we need to mention/negotiate this upfront? (if we were to purchase 2017 vehicle in stock from a dealer 450ml away)
2. Should we chose to order the vehicle, can anyone recommend a reliable dealership on the West Coast (preferably CA)?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAlfa View Post
We live in the Bay Area (North CA) and visited several dealers. Needless to say they want between $10K to $20K markup over MSRP price, which we are not willing to pay, but they have no clue (our interpretation) on how to order the vehicle. One said it will take years to deliver the Giulia Q, which just doesn't make sense, another could not tell even approximate schedule.
We found the vehicle in So CA (LA) which almost fits our requirements and they asked MSRP, but after reading a number of posts related to glitches (spent weekend ) we are leaning toward ordering 2018 model.
1. Should I anticipate any issues servicing the vehicle at the local dealership, and do we need to mention/negotiate this upfront? (if we were to purchase 2017 vehicle in stock from a dealer 450ml away)
2. Should we chose to order the vehicle, can anyone recommend a reliable dealership on the West Coast (preferably CA)?

Thanks in advance
You can service your vehicle at any alfa dealership you want...dont let those local thugs get away with it...when you do bring it in for service, walk into the showroom and tell them that they lost a sale because they were arrogant. There are several threads that discuss dealers in your area...remember, its not all that expensive to ship a car - particularly for dealers - expand your search area.....
Alfaholico likes this.
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Garage
There is plenty of inventory of 2017's available in the US. I know 2 dealers in the Midwest that will take thousands below MSRP for their vehicles in stock. Do some shopping and expand your search. I also understand that you can also order a 2018's at MSRP or a little below as well. Don't fall for the strong arm tactics of a few dealers in Cali..... They will be sitting on those cars for a long time.

MakeitRain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:49 PM

Just shop around and don't be pressured into paying ridiculous amounts of $$. I have a 2017 Giulia Q I picked up in April, it has now almost 5 K miles on it and has been trouble-free. The 2018's will have some audio enhancements, but other than that I haven't heard any other changes. I paid about 2 K over list for mine, but I would have laughed at 10-20 K over. The car is well worth owning and you will be glad you got it, but lets not be pressured into doing anything ridiculous .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMACK Giulia QV.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	21273  
sumbiz, John_K_348 and Alfaholico like this.
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I can't agree more regarding our local dealers, unfortunately we will need to use them for the service :-(
They are under the impression that anyone looking for Giulia Q is from either FB, Google or Apple...
We've looked at several threads, but could not find specifics re recommended dealers. Kindly appreciate any links on the subject.
Is the order done by phone or electronically? We definitely prefer e-mail exchange and not phone conversations.
I do not remember last time I was in a dealership without finalized deal. Usually we use carsdirect.com, truecars.com or other, unfortunately we could not find this beauty on any of these sites.

Thanks
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MacKinnon View Post
Just shop around and don't be pressured into paying ridiculous amounts of $$. I have a 2017 Giulia Q I picked up in April, it has now almost 5 K miles on it and has been trouble-free. The 2018's will have some audio enhancements, but other than that I haven't heard any other changes. I paid about 2 K over list for mine, but I would have laughed at 10-20 K over. The car is well worth owning and you will be glad you got it, but lets not be pressured into doing anything ridiculous .....
Hi Bob,
The reason for ordering was to ensure we get the configuration we want, and most of the updates done by factory itself (I read the thread about software updates hustle). And my wife wants CarPlay (the reason for 2018)

Regards
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 12:07 AM

I agree with everyone's comments. I bought my QV from a dealer halfway across the country. Check out the main Alfa website for vehicles in transit. This will give you a heads up on what cars are going where. If you are set on a 2018, you can order it through one of your pedantic local dealers, or just wait till one shows up somewhere with the spec you're looking for. 2018s should start showing up soon. I would only order a car if your looking for a very unusual spec or are unwilling to compromise at all.
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monch View Post
Check out the main Alfa website for vehicles in transit. This will give you a heads up on what cars are going where.
Thanks for the tip.
I could not find this info on the site. I used www.alfaromeousa.com/‎
Would you mind sharing the link?

Thanks in advance
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:31 AM

Seriously, order from an out of state dealer at or below MSRP and have it shipped to you when it arrives. My 2018 QV is on order from the Tacoma dealership, I'm paying MSRP when it gets here. Shoot, I think @BostonDMD even got like $4k off of MSRP on his order on the east coast. Order from his dealer, ship it across the country for $2k, and you'll still come out under MSRP.
Alfaholico and MakeitRain like this.
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAlfa View Post
Thanks for the tip.
I could not find this info on the site. I used www.alfaromeousa.com/‎
Would you mind sharing the link?

Thanks in advance
Use this just change it to your zip code;

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/arusa/i...1703&radius=50
MDriver likes this.

MakeitRain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page