How to order 2018 Giulia Q - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 35Likes

post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:35 AM

Garage
Also just slide the Horsepower slide thing all the way to the right to 505hp and it will only show QV/Quads.

MakeitRain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Is it possible to check the built date per VIN number?

Thanks
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAlfa View Post
We live in the Bay Area (North CA) and visited several dealers. Needless to say they want between $10K to $20K markup over MSRP price, which we are not willing to pay, but they have no clue (our interpretation) on how to order the vehicle.his upfront?
I live in the Bay Area and also found incompetence and/or arrogance at several dealers. However, the San Francisco dealer told me it would be no problem to do a custom order for a Qdrfgl. And I got MSRP, with no additional premium tacked on.
Alfaholico likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Garage
And I see no 2018s except Stelvios. I don't expect to pay any more than a few grand markup, if that. I already indicated to my salesman that I can bailout and go to Miller or Herb Chambers and put another deposit down for MSRP and still pay less than that kind of markup. Just like ordering out of state and shipping. My salesman has already earned some mark up, but nothing in the order of 5-10 grand. Now there is some market for convenience, and cost of living, and the geographic thing. That even effects your labor rates at service. Here outside of Boston on the AutoMile, you will see some market increase. Just look at gas prices is swanky Dover outside of 128/I95. Premium gas is still almost $4 a gallon! But back to Quads, I have some other ideas to negotiate off of the mark up. It may or may not fly but if the squeeze me, I walk. Things should be OK. I just spoke to my broker today and took some pressure off. Also, I saw 3 Quads in the Boston Area. 2 at Herb Chamber, 1 at Kelly. Not to my liking with boring interiors. If fact, the Vulcano Black one may be the same one that's been there since the winter! I sat it one and salesman started it up for me. It looks exactly the same. Maybe not, that one had red stitching but did sit a while.

2000 Mazda Miata, "Baby Beast" Boost, mods, maybe track car.
1994 Ferrari 348 Spider "Testarossina" Gone but not forgotten
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider, CS TCU, OZ Superleggera IIIs, "Rossina 2"
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Ord 6/2 Blt 7/21 Arr USA 11/22 Dlr 12/19 Sign 12/21 Pkup/PPF/Tint 12/29 Home 12/30 Forza Ctlr 2/19 RFnder PPF 4/9 New tires 4/20,6/26 Ti ctr caps 4/26 Dlr rf wheel 6/1 Cust Cer Brks 10/4 Trkl Chrg 11/11 Mflps 12/28 OZ Wintrs+shims 2/18
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"La Signora" Giulia
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Is it possible to check the built date per VIN number?

Thanks
On US-spec cars, you can check the build date on the door jamb sticker. There will be a month/year mfr. date, plus a MDH code, which stands for Month-Date-Hour. Euro-spec Giulias don't have either. On the cars I've seen, the date in the MDH code is 1 day earlier than the completion date registered in FCA's database, so that label is probably printed and affixed to the car somewhere along the assembly line rather than at the end. If you just have the VIN, send me a PM and I can check the date for you.
Alfaholico likes this.
post #16 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM

For the OP, be mindful that California may have some restrictions on bringing in a new vehicle from out-of-state.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...t_facts/ffvr29

Present:
2018 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
-- Misano Blue --
Forza exhaust bypass valve controller

Past:

2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
-- Trofeo White -- 15% tint -- Forza exhaust bypass valve controller

Last edited by 407Guy; 08-07-2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added link
post #17 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.
I could not find this info on the site. I used www.alfaromeousa.com/‎
Would you mind sharing the link?

Thanks in advance

Go to "Build & Price" and configure the car you want. When done click on "Search new inventory" and it will show exact and partial matches within certain miles of your zip code. The max range for searching is 200 miles from the zip code, so you may have to try different zip codes to search distant dealers. It is a little time consuming, but that is how I found mine 1,500 miles away. Good luck!
post #18 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 01:23 PM

Garage
After dealing with the Bay Area Dealers myself I have decided to follow the lead of another forum member and try Cartelligent to locate a 2017 Q or order a 2018.
post #19 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407Guy View Post
For the OP, be mindful that California may have some restrictions on bringing in a new vehicle from out-of-state.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...t_facts/ffvr29

This is insane...just gives CA dealers leverage to screw us even more. Why would the same vehicle have different CO2 footprint @CA and, let say, CO?
Looks like in 10 years we won't have a choice but to drive Bolt..or Tesla (if still will be around)...
post #20 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Looks like I can't send PM yet...need to have more posts under my belt:-(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page