Flaps Open! Race mode exhaust sound in all modes - Page 36 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 151Likes

post #351 of 358 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:06 PM

I posted a thread on the forum discussing the purpose of exhaust bypass valves ... here is the link should you have an interest.

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...tml#post756706

Regards,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 358 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:27 PM

I have had the exhaust controller on now for a few weeks and find it a blast. I have it sync with home link and works terrific. Whenever I have the feeling for a little more note I just press the button on the visor. Pretty pleased with the result. A very inexpensive option vs exhaust mod. I did have a chance to hear a 2.0 Giulia with the centerline exhaust mod and it was loud and sounded very cool but the nice thing with this is I only will irritate the neighbors when I feel like it with the press of a button. I did hear the mod exhaust has a deeper note but not loud on the QV so I would be happy to look at that. I am keeping on eye on the classifieds to see if someone that is giving up on the QV is selling their exhaust. )
post #353 of 358 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Guys.
Remember to order the B4A version if you want flaps open at start up.
The E3 version will close flap when car is turn off....

Last edited by ginster6; 03-12-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #354 of 358 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simey View Post
It's available guys! I just put in my order this morning. I've been driving my Q in race mode 75% of the time just for the amazing sound. Now Forza Componenti has released a controller that opens the exhaust flaps in any mode if you want. Has a nice remote and if you like, a manual switch too. I think $350 is a bargain. Can't wait to get it and have it installed. I sold my wife on it as a safety issue...so I don't have to be in race mode all the time with all the safety functions off.

I'll post a review of it when I've had it installed.

http://forzacomponenti.com/exhaust_controller_main.html
Excellent, keep us posted please
post #355 of 358 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginster6 View Post
Guys.
Remember to order the B4A version if you want flaps open at start up.
The E3 version will close flap when car is turn off....
Yeah I upgraded mine to the B4A and love it. Just defaults to open. Only problem is on cold start it is LOUD lol... which I like but might wake the neighborhood...

2018 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
post #356 of 358 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryNY View Post
Yeah I upgraded mine to the B4A and love it. Just defaults to open. Only problem is on cold start it is LOUD lol... which I like but might wake the neighborhood...
What's the upgrade process

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
post #357 of 358 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
What's the upgrade process
Super easy. You can only upgrade if you have the metal enclosure, some models have a plastic one. I did it a while ago but I seem to remember you just unscrew four little screws, slide out the board, detach the antenna connector and note the position of the other wires and attach the new board the same way and reattach the antenna cable . The new board has a little jumper to always be open as the default where the arrow indicates on the photo below as absent on the old one. The upgrade even came with a B4A sticker to supplant the older model:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	202394CA-5C3F-4DC9-8417-8A9CBCD1E139.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	85944  

2018 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
post #358 of 358 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryNY View Post
Super easy. You can only upgrade if you have the metal enclosure, some models have a plastic one. I did it a while ago but I seem to remember you just unscrew four little screws, slide out the board, detach the antenna connector and note the position of the other wires and attach the new board the same way and reattach the antenna cable . The new board has a little jumper to always be open as the default where the arrow indicates on the photo below as absent on the old one. The upgrade even came with a B4A sticker to supplant the older model:
Oh wow nice. Thank you

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page