Flaps Open! Race mode exhaust sound in all modes - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 151Likes

post #21 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Exhaust flaps open in N-Mode at 5500 rpm, in D-Mode at 3500-4000 rpm and on Race-Mode they are always open.

The exhaust controller has two options: a) serial mode (see above) and b) flaps always open regardless of DNA-Mode selected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Vendor

Location: We have two walk in locations (CA and TX) that have a full walk in store, distribution and full shop
Steve is great to work with.

We are an authorized installer for Forza and carry the controller in stock. If anyone needs installation in the Austin, TX or LA, CA Areas we have it in stock and are glad to help.
post #23 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS Autoworks View Post
Steve is great to work with.

We are an authorized installer for Forza and carry the controller in stock. If anyone needs installation in the Austin, TX or LA, CA Areas we have it in stock and are glad to help.
Is it correct that this controller and any others of this type will not work on the Ti?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:35 PM

They cannot work, because all other Giulia models have no exhaust flaps!
post #25 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato Caronzo View Post
Hey. How much are you getting charged to install it and who did you use?
Will let you know when I pick it up. Hopefully not too much!
post #26 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simey View Post
Will let you know when I pick it up.
Should we start a pool for when you get your first drive-by violation warning or ticket?

And if that ever comes to pass (which I truly hope it doesn't) may you be treated with the same respect and compassion that I was by the Long Beach Police Department.
post #27 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato Caronzo View Post
Hey. How much are you getting charged to install it and who did you use?
Will let you know when I pick it up. Hopefully not too much!
The shop charged me $150. I also had them install the front license plate bracket for me on the passenger side tow hook. That was probably 15 minutes. Say $120 then. Worth every cent though.
post #28 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipshot View Post
Quote:
Will let you know when I pick it up.
Should we start a pool for when you get your first drive-by violation warning or ticket?

And if that ever comes to pass (which I truly hope it doesn't) may you be treated with the same respect and compassion that I was by the Long Beach Police Department.
I will avoid Long Beach going forward. One word for the controller AWESOMENESS!!

My Q sounds phenomenal in Normal and Dynamic now. See thumbnail below for the remote. Turn engine on, normal Q operation. Press "button B" and it sounds exactly like it's in Race mode. Press "button A", back to normal Q operation. Turn off engine, back to normal Q operation. The best aftermarket investment I can think of for pure aural pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152_1500507476011.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	16770  
SterlingDriver likes this.
post #29 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 08:16 PM

Garage
Talking

Quote:
I will avoid Long Beach going forward. One word for the controller AWESOMENESS!!

My Q sounds phenomenal in Normal and Dynamic now. See thumbnail below for the remote. Turn engine on, normal Q operation. Press "button B" and it sounds exactly like it's in Race mode. Press "button A", back to normal Q operation. Turn off engine, back to normal Q operation. The best aftermarket investment I can think of for pure aural pleasure.
That's awesome it works how you want. Enjoy and keep us posted after a few hundred miles.

MakeitRain
post #30 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:

No, truly, they were great. An officer witnessed a drunk driver slam into the back of my brand new SAAB 9000. He was at my car making sure I was OK before I could shut off the engine. He had paramedics check me out on-the-spot and got word to my grandfather (whom I was on my way to visit) that I would be a bit late (those were the days before cell phones became rampant). He also had a department mechanic look over my car to make sure I could drive it safely. Both I and the drunk pickup driver had out-of-state plates, causing the officer to joke about all the extra paperwork. Finally, he asked me to call him when I got home (to Virginia) so he knew I was OK. A class act. I hope there are many more like him. If you want a place to avoid, Royal Oak, Michigan would be a good start.

Glad you like your controller (major understatement). Will you ever use your car's audio system again?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page