Flaps Open! Race mode exhaust sound in all modes - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 151Likes

post #11 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Let us know how it goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Here is the reply from Steve, if anyone knows the answer to his question let me know.

I do not have access to the vehicle … but when I see photos of the Ti, I notice it has only two exhaust tips, whereas the QF has four. The QF has the exhaust bypass valves, hence the reason for the four exhaust tips. As the Ti has only two tips, my first reaction is that it does not have exhaust bypass valves … but that is not necessarily 100% as it is possible it still has exhaust bypass valves … just not in the exact configuration as the QF.

When you get under the car and look up at the exhaust system, are you able to determine if there is a vacuum actuated exhaust bypass valve somewhere up there. Perhaps immediately forward of the silencer although it could be built-in to the silencer. There would be a vacuum line up there as well as the system uses vacuum to open/close the bypass valves.

If the Ti has bypass valves, then the answer is yes … the controller should work. If the car does not have they bypass valves, then, unfortunately, no.

Best regards,

Steve Bisel
post #13 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:58 PM

The 280hp does not have bypass valves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 05:43 PM

Looking at the installation instructions here: http://forzacomponenti.com/faqalfagiulia.html, it appears that you need to get access to the underside of the Quad. I'm guessing that this will require getting the Quad up on a lift, because clearance is so low. I'd be interested in experiences getting it on, and lessons learned!

FYI - I've purchased the part from Forza, just waiting for my Quad to show up - supposed to be here in the next 1-2 weeks!

Now just trying to plan out how to apply my severely limited car knowledge to figure out how to get it installed!

(I'm just an accountant whose car knowledge is pretty much limited to knowing where to put the gas in, although I live in Oregon, so I only have to perform such uncivilized activities when I travel out of state)
post #15 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolo View Post
Looking at the installation instructions here: http://forzacomponenti.com/faqalfagiulia.html, it appears that you need to get access to the underside of the Quad. I'm guessing that this will require getting the Quad up on a lift, because clearance is so low. I'd be interested in experiences getting it on, and lessons learned!

FYI - I've purchased the part from Forza, just waiting for my Quad to show up - supposed to be here in the next 1-2 weeks!

Now just trying to plan out how to apply my severely limited car knowledge to figure out how to get it installed!

(I'm just an accountant whose car knowledge is pretty much limited to knowing where to put the gas in, although I live in Oregon, so I only have to perform such uncivilized activities when I travel out of state)
Same here. I don't work on cars...not my thing. My assessment though is it should take a shop about an hour to install so there's that cost to consider.
post #16 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 02:52 PM

My bad

Anyone who purchased one of the Forza controllers probably just got an email from Steve about an error code. That was me, and I'm an idiot. The installer didn't close the hood all the way, and I guess the QV throws a handful of weird codes to let you know. I don't think it had anything to do with the controller install. I'm going to go back and have it installed on Thursday, so I'll let you guys know if everything goes well. I expect that it will. BTW, someone asked whether you need to lift the car to install this thing, and the answer is a hard yes. There's an aero shield covering the back 1/3 of the car that needs to slide off, and you'll want plenty of arm room to do so.
post #17 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dropped my Q off this morning for the install....
post #18 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simey View Post
Dropped my Q off this morning for the install....
I'm very eager to know, if everything is working out fine.

I ordered the same exhaust controller from madness autoworks a few days ago.

post #19 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 AM

Hey. How much are you getting charged to install it and who did you use?
post #20 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Annona - You say the Race exhaust note is only available in R mode, but on my QV, the exhaust opens in D at about 3000 rpms under WOT (I may be a little off there, as I never really closely looked at the tach to get the exact rpm when the exhaust opens).

Does anybody else's QV do the same?
peczenij and badrosso like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page