Easy Exit - Driver Seat - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 21Likes

post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Easy Exit - Driver Seat

Anyone know how to program this? My test drive car had this working, and my Ti has this working on the factory default #2 and #3 seat memory positions. I programmed memory position #1 to my liking, but no longer does that one have the easy exit feature of sliding back a few inches when the driver door is opened.. At 6'2" the extra couple of inches helps.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfrfan View Post
Anyone know how to program this? My test drive car had this working, and my Ti has this working on the factory default #2 and #3 seat memory positions. I programmed memory position #1 to my liking, but no longer does that one have the easy exit feature of sliding back a few inches when the driver door is opened.. At 6'2" the extra couple of inches helps.. Thanks
I thought the sliding back on opening the door was the default, i wanted to disable this feature but could not figure out how - are you saying if I program #1 then it will not slide back on open ?
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioSailor View Post
I thought the sliding back on opening the door was the default, i wanted to disable this feature but could not figure out how - are you saying if I program #1 then it will not slide back on open ?
Agree!
Would love to disable this feature and also the folding side view mirrors. Would also like to be able to permanently disable the start/stop feature, although I can live with pushing the button every time I start the car.
If every one knows, please share. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:07 PM

The car I did the test drive in did not have this function. Is it standard on all cars?
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipps View Post
The car I did the test drive in did not have this function. Is it standard on all cars?

Yes, these are the 3 annoying standard features i found so far on my Giulia after a few weeks ownership - all 3 would be easily fixed by a software update if we only can get Alfa to listen and make that change.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:00 AM

Hum. If it is standard, I would have noticed it as I hate this feature being very short I cannot reach anything with the seat back. I bet the engine was already running when I got in to drive.
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:13 AM

I am not so fond of this feature and have been trying to find a solution to shut it off.
I ended contacting the sales rep who asked his alfa tech. He got back to me today saying that there is no way to turn off the feature, but it may be available in a future update. I asked him to pass the request on to his Alfa rep.

Regarding it not sliding back... I think it is similar to a Maserati where the seat only moves back if it is more than .9 inches from the rear stop.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipps View Post
Hum. If it is standard, I would have noticed it as I hate this feature being very short I cannot reach anything with the seat back. I bet the engine was already running when I got in to drive.
Chipps
it slides back when you get out, not when you get in to drive.
Montana likes this.
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioSailor View Post
Chipps
it slides back when you get out, not when you get in to drive.
Does the seat remain back to allow easy entry then return to the driving position when the driver enters and the door shuts???

Paul
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM

Right, what I am saying is someone got out and I got in with the engine still running I suspect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page