Easy Exit - Driver Seat - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 21Likes

post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadscum View Post
Does the seat remain back to allow easy entry then return to the driving position when the driver enters and the door shuts???

Paul
It slides back for easy entry/exit for the driver, but does move back to the driving position until the engine is started. It makes rear seat entry behind the driver's seat very difficult, unless your back seat passenger can wait til the car is running to get in.
roadscum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa in Vegas View Post
It slides back for easy entry/exit for the driver, but does move back to the driving position until the engine is started. It makes rear seat entry behind the driver's seat very difficult, unless your back seat passenger can wait til the car is running to get in.
Thank you sir... I like that, makes it easier for we old folks.

Paul
Alfa in Vegas likes this.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfrfan View Post
Anyone know how to program this? My test drive car had this working, and my Ti has this working on the factory default #2 and #3 seat memory positions. I programmed memory position #1 to my liking, but no longer does that one have the easy exit feature of sliding back a few inches when the driver door is opened.. At 6'2" the extra couple of inches helps.. Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to reactivate easy entry/exit ? I also reprogrammed my memory seat #1, and it no longer does the easy exit/entry too. It does make it harder to get in the car. Has anyone tried reprogramming #2 and #3? Does it deactivate easy entry on those too or is this just a bug for memory #1? I hate to program those and never get this feature back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLonghorn View Post
Has anyone figured out how to reactivate easy entry/exit ? I also reprogrammed my memory seat #1, and it no longer does the easy exit/entry too. It does make it harder to get in the car. Has anyone tried reprogramming #2 and #3? Does it deactivate easy entry on those too or is this just a bug for memory #1? I hate to program those and never get this feature back.
Hi Alfa Longhorn, I haven't figured it out.. yet. I may have to stop by the dealer to check on another issue, and will ask them. My settings #2 and #3 auto slide, but as with you those are the factory settings..
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:44 PM

If you can, check on a car in the showroom. I hate to lose easy entry/exit on another memory preset.
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Taz

Reactivate easy entry / exit feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLonghorn View Post
Mine worked only 1st adjustment, made some minor adjustments, reset memory #1 and the feature no longer functions on #1 but it still functions on memory #2.

Has anyone figured out how to reactivate easy entry/ exit?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 06:36 PM

I think the seat goes back if it is forward a certain amount from the rear. Once if you are tall and program it and its back behind what ever is the the position the logic decides if does not need to go back.
Does it make any sense?
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
I think the seat goes back if it is forward a certain amount from the rear. Once if you are tall and program it and its back behind what ever is the the position the logic decides if does not need to go back.
Does it make any sense?
Yes, that makes a lot of sense.
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Taz

At 5'6" I'm vertically challenged so not sure about this hypothesis. But if there is a limit switch it should be possible to adjust.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 08:02 PM

There seems to be a lot of difference of opinions on the memory seats. Some people say setting the seat memory stops this, others say they can program the stereo channel to a memory position. It's all quite strange to me that there would be any difference between cars.
Dr. Klopek likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page