OEM all-weather mats landing soon? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:01 PM

Garage
Just hit them with Fantastic, a scrub brush and hose them off.

2000 Mazda Miata, "Baby Beast" Boost, mods, maybe track car.
1994 Ferrari 348 Spider "Testarossina" Gone but not forgotten
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider, CS TCU, OZ Superleggera IIIs, "Rossina 2"
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Ord 6/2 Blt 7/21 Arr USA 11/22 Dlr 12/19 Sign 12/21 Pkup/PPF/Tint 12/29 Home 12/30 Forza Ctlr 2/19 RFnder PPF 4/9 New tires 4/20,6/26 Ti ctr caps 4/26 Dlr rf wheel 6/1 Cust Cer Brks 10/4 Trkl Chrg 11/11 Mflps 12/28 OZ Wintrs+shims 2/18
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"La Signora" Giulia
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:24 PM

Not sure why there is such an obsession with this topic - I have never used all weather mats in my decades of car ownership. When you take delivery of your new car, take the mats out on day one. Spray them liberally with ScotchGuard for carpets. Spray the floor carpets as well, especially the areas not covered by the mats. Let them dry, vacuum them, put them back in the car. Those carpeted mats will clean off with basic vacuuming and carpet cleaner for the typical life of the car.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
After a good half hour or more of playing with all of the clips, I realized the extra protection was not worth the hassle and I seriously did not like the look.

Also I regularly take the mats out of the car to dump out the salt and gravel that collect in the winter and that was completely not practical with the Tuxmat. Weathertech just works better for me.
Ah...I can dig that.

I have some full floor liners, the quilted style ones, and totally get the issue with pulling them out to clean. Mine are not clipped but stay in place fine without them, but even so, I'm a little reluctant to pull them as often as I might a standard mat. I vacuum and damp rag them in place. It's a bit more of a chore, but I did come to the conclusion that, for me, the extra coverage was worthwhile, because they really prevent salt water from getting anywhere on the carpet, which I'm sure you know can be a real PITA once it dries and crusts up.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 AM

Garage
TuxMats in my QV. They look and fit excellent.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
2011 Buick Regal T07 Russelshiem
2009 Audi A5
2005 Audi A6
2003 Chrysler Crossfire convertible
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:58 PM

$29.99 WeatherTech all-weather mats from Costco. Pre-cut and universal all-weather mats. After cutting them, they fit at almost perfection into my 2018 Giulia Q4. And for $30 they look and work great !!!!

Giuliano, 2018 Giulia Ti Q4 w/Ti Performance Pkg.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_K_348 View Post
Just hit them with Fantastic, a scrub brush and hose them off.
Have you tried Simple Green?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyca View Post
Not sure why there is such an obsession with this topic - I have never used all weather mats in my decades of car ownership. When you take delivery of your new car, take the mats out on day one. Spray them liberally with ScotchGuard for carpets. Spray the floor carpets as well, especially the areas not covered by the mats. Let them dry, vacuum them, put them back in the car. Those carpeted mats will clean off with basic vacuuming and carpet cleaner for the typical life of the car.
There does seem to be a unusual fascination (or obsession) with floor mats on GiuliaForums!

The Scotchguard thing is a neat tip, although it doesn't seem like one application would last the lifetime of the car.

Do they use salt in your area for snow melt? We use tons of it here in MI, and when that stuff crusts up on the carpets, it can be very hard to remove and will usually stain as well. I'd think maintenance of impermeable floor mats is much easier in the winter than carpets, but again, I've never used Scotchguard.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Garage
Has anyone tried using vinegar to remove salt stains?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipshot View Post
Have you tried Simple Green?
Yes, and Purple Power. And chaadster is right about the new treatments. I guess I'm old school, but with the winters we have up here, a dedicated set of water tight and traction enhanced mats seem to be the most practical. I put my factory mats in the trunk on day one.

2000 Mazda Miata, "Baby Beast" Boost, mods, maybe track car.
1994 Ferrari 348 Spider "Testarossina" Gone but not forgotten
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider, CS TCU, OZ Superleggera IIIs, "Rossina 2"
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Ord 6/2 Blt 7/21 Arr USA 11/22 Dlr 12/19 Sign 12/21 Pkup/PPF/Tint 12/29 Home 12/30 Forza Ctlr 2/19 RFnder PPF 4/9 New tires 4/20,6/26 Ti ctr caps 4/26 Dlr rf wheel 6/1 Cust Cer Brks 10/4 Trkl Chrg 11/11 Mflps 12/28 OZ Wintrs+shims 2/18

"La Signora" Giulia
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_K_348 View Post
Yes, and Purple Power. And chaadster is right about the new treatments. I guess I'm old school, but with the winters we have up here, a dedicated set of water tight and traction enhanced mats seem to be the most practical. I put my factory mats in the trunk on day one.
Up here in Michigan, my factory mats have never left (except for cleaning) the places they were when I took delivery of my Giulia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page