QV: Standard Power Seats vs CF Sparco - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
QV: Standard Power Seats vs CF Sparco

Just how comfortable are those great-looking Sparco's for DD and long trips? For my needs I'd generally gravitate towards the power jobbies...but those Sparco's look stunning. My first concern is functionality/comfort. Those of you who have experienced both variants in the QV, what do you think? I don't want to look "cool" but suffer after 3 or 4 hours or so in them on a trip. Thanks.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 02-11-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:02 AM

I haven’t tried the regular seats but I find the Sparcos very comfortable for both daily driving and long trips. I have done quite a few road trips with 4+ hr legs. Also the Sparcos are power for up and down adjustments. The forward and back is manual. Personally the manual adjustment doesn’t bother me at all.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissalfa View Post
I havenít tried the regular seats but I find the Sparcos very comfortable for both daily driving and long trips. I have done quite a few road trips with 4+ hr legs. Also the Sparcos are power for up and down adjustments. The forward and back is manual. Personally the manual adjustment doesnít bother me at all.
If the forward and back is manual, do you have easy entry?

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avnyc11 View Post
Quote:
I haven’t tried the regular seats but I find the Sparcos very comfortable for both daily driving and long trips. I have done quite a few road trips with 4+ hr legs. Also the Sparcos are power for up and down adjustments. The forward and back is manual. Personally the manual adjustment doesn’t bother me at all.
If the forward and back is manual, do you have easy entry?
By easy entry if you mean the seat automatically goes back to ease entry then no this doesnt come with the Sparcos nor does any memory setting. I am 6.1 and have no issue getting in or out of the car except when my wife drives it and leaves the seat in her position ( she is much shorter). It takes just a few seconds to remedy this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
Just how comfortable are those great-looking Sparco's for DD and long trips? For my needs I'd generally gravitate towards the power jobbies...but those Sparco's look stunning. My first concern is functionality/comfort. Those of you who have experienced both variants in the QV, what do you think? I don't want to look "cool" but suffer after 3 or 4 hours or so in them on a trip. Thanks.
I've done stints up to 16 hours in the Sparcos - during a 3,400 mile round trip I did last year. They are very comfortable indeed for my average frame.

I don't really miss electric adjustment except that every time a mechanic or valet sets foot in the car they insist on moving them around. That's a rant for a different day.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
By easy entry if you mean the seat automatically goes back to ease entry then no this doesnt come with the Sparcos nor does any memory setting. I am 6.1 and have no issue getting in or out of the car except when my wife drives it and leaves the seat in her position ( she is much shorter). It takes just a few seconds to remedy this.
Oh nice!

2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio: Forza Controller, Centerline X-Pipe, Sprint Filter
MDH: 7/31/17 | MV: 053.001.004
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:01 PM

I purcahsed my car in Miami and drove it 1000 miles home. No issue with comfort with the Sparco seats. Car is my DD and I think they are great. I'm 6'1 208lbs and athletic.

Four Wheels: QV, VB, CCB, Sparcos
Two Wheels: KTM Super Duke
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Garage
It will take me a couple more years to regret not getting them. Up to now, I am enjoying the money savings, albeit not driving the car at all in winter due to "fragileh" Corsas!

2000 Mazda Miata, "Baby Beast" Boost, mods, maybe track car.
1994 Ferrari 348 Spider "Testarossina" Gone but not forgotten
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider, CS TCU, OZ Superleggera IIIs, "Rossina 2"
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Ord 6/2 Blt 7/21 Arr USA 11/22 Dlr 12/19 Sign 12/21 Pkup/PPF/Tint 12/29 Home 12/30 Forza Ctlr 2/19 RFnder PPF 4/9 New tires 4/20,6/26 Ti ctr caps 4/26 Dlr rf wheel 6/1 Cust Cer Brks 10/4 Trkl Chrg 11/11 Mflps 12/28 OZ Wintrs+shims 2/18
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"La Signora" Giulia
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:24 PM

Other Sparco issues include no seat heater, they come in any color you want as long as it is black, and you lose a couple of air bags. It is not obvious how important those airbags are for safety. I don't think any GQVs were crash tested.

Personally if I could get red leather Sparcos with seat heaters I would pay for the upgrade/weight loss in my Q4. Unfortunately by the time I got the seats, seat mechanism, re-uphostery and added the heaters I suspect the cost would be ridiculous.

Current vehicles
1998 Case 580L series 2
1999 Mazda Protege ES
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 2500 Cummins
2007 Kestrel Talon SL with HED-3 wheels
2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV
2017 Polaris XP900 with tracks and full cab.
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Q4 sport everything
Past vehicles of note
1994 WhiteGMC single axle dump
1971 Norton Commando
1964 Jaguar E-type convertible
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 AM

Get them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page