Adding paddle shifters - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 20Likes

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just bought the best ones available off eBay for 260. All the other ones available were missing a piece of plastic where a screw would be. The ones I bought came off a 2018 Giulia. So I am hoping they work on my 2017 Giulia. We will see. Next I need to buy multiecuscan and a obd Bluetooth reader. Multiecuscan is 50 dollars and the obd reader I think is around 20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Will you change the steering column shrouds too or will you plan to just modify existing ones?
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer View Post
Will you change the steering column shrouds too or will you plan to just modify existing ones?
I planned on just using a dremel, like the Italian guy did. However madness has a nice carbon fiber one for around 300, or contact the dealer. Not to sure how much they would cost though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw_Alfa View Post
I planned on just using a dremel, like the Italian guy did. However madness has a nice carbon fiber one for around 300, or contact the dealer. Not to sure how much they would cost though.
Is the C/F unit designed to fit with paddles?

I think I'd modify the original part, just for the project. It's a nice challenge.

Racer Z
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C 015/500
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Q2
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Is the C/F unit designed to fit with paddles?

I think I'd modify the original part, just for the project. It's a nice challenge.
Did you install them? I don't know if the cf one is setup for paddles. Never even thought of that. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer View Post
Yeah dremel can do good things...I am looking forward to see your progress, I just might do the same if you get them to work...,
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you install them? I don't know if the cf one is setup for paddles. Never even thought of that. Lol

No, I did not. My Giulia came with paddles and I have the stock cowling. I just like doing these personal mods myself. But, sometimes the part cost is so low that I can't justify my time. In the case of carbon fiber parts, I can't make my own. Depends on quite a few variable actually.
Raw_Alfa likes this.

Racer Z
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Quote:

No, I did not. My Giulia came with paddles and I have the stock cowling. I just like doing these personal mods myself. But, sometimes the part cost is so low that I can't justify my time. In the case of carbon fiber parts, I can't make my own. Depends on quite a few variable actually.
Could you by chance take some pictures of the cowling and where the shifters come out? I kinda want to know if it is the top piece or the bottom piece and have some pictures for reference. Thanks!
Racer Z likes this.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Could you by chance take some pictures of the cowling and where the shifters come out? I kinda want to know if it is the top piece or the bottom piece and have some pictures for reference. Thanks!
Left and right cowling seem to be mirrored. I don't know where the non-paddle shift cowling seam lines are. My best guess is the both halves will need to be altered.

Left side

Right side

Raw_Alfa likes this.

Racer Z
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Thanks Racer, from what i am seeing both shrouds will have to be replaced...it seems like there is protrusion on the ones with paddles where switching gear goes....non paddle version does not have that protrusion
Racer Z likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page