All Weather Floor Mats $$$ - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 7Likes

post #21 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 08:52 PM

Garage
Thanks for the pics.

The coverage is not terrible, but not great. I have a particularly difficult time with the short dead pedal and passenger front footwell heights.

The factory mats are similarly short on the seat end. Dunno why.

I agree that, for the money particularly, something better is expected from such an esteemed brand.

I’ve seen the Tuxmats in person, and they are more than nice, they’re elegant.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:44 PM

I've had WeatherTech in the past, decided to go with them again. Went to order on line, they wanted $18 shipping. I discovered they have a showroom in Bolingbrook, IL, a south suburb of Chicago, and since I had to visit a client out that way, I placed my order in person. They cover beautifully, and I paid $179 plus tax, well worth it. Protects everything, snug fit. I sound like a freaking commercial.
post #23 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:36 AM

Here you go - strictly for entertainment value. (Might be useful for Lusso/Crema owners)

I purchased my Giulia in June. I couldn't find any mats that actually fit the floorwell, so I made my own. Although not useful for winter, it worked quite well this summer. I plan to use them again next summer. I might tune the shape a bit near the gas pedal.

For comparison, I show the original mat on top of the mat I made.

Anyway, I made a cardboard template, bought a piece of cheap carpet, cut it with scissors & installed.

If I can do this without a laser to measure the floor, why can't laser measurement to better than this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mats Compared.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	79442   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Mat Front Fit.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	79444   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Mat Rear Fit.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	79446   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Driver Mat.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	79448  
John_K_348 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzi View Post
Here you go - strictly for entertainment value. (Might be useful for Lusso/Crema owners)

I purchased my Giulia in June. I couldn't find any mats that actually fit the floorwell, so I made my own. Although not useful for winter, it worked quite well this summer. I plan to use them again next summer. I might tune the shape a bit near the gas pedal.

Anyway, I made a cardboard template, bought a piece of cheap carpet, cut it with scissors & installed.

If I can do this without a laser to measure the floor, why can't laser measurement to better than this?
Nice work. Does the proximity of the mat to the seat rails impede forward seat movement? It is a mystery to me why the factory mats, and others like Weathertech, are so far ahead of the rails. Besides providing poor protection, it just looks silly. “Laser measure”?? Haha. Riiiiiight...

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
post #25 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown Alfa Man View Post
Protects everything, snug fit. I sound like a freaking commercial.
As if we didn’t just see the pictures...

post #26 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Nik

From those pictures I'm pretty unimpressed with WeatherTechs "laser measured" liner. On top of that I am also very put off by WeatherTechs customer service considering they consistently told multiple forum members over a year ago that the mats would be ready in 2-3 weeks time...

Needless to say I've had their mats before and they are nice quality, but I'm not motivated to give them any business this time around with the Giulia. For around the same price, the Tuxmats look like they provide superior coverage so I'm going to give those a try.

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4 Vesuvio Gray
Corsa Exhaust, V2 Intake, P1 Tune
post #27 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzi View Post

Talking about cheap solutions ($29.99) and scissors & installing. Take a look at these Weather Tech Universal All-weather pre-cut mats at Costco. Maybe an option and currently working perfectly OK for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Giulia inside #2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	79452  

Giuliano, 2018 Giulia Ti Q4 w/Ti Performance Pkg.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:18 AM

The W-Tech mats do not impede forward motion of the seats (if you are thinking that that's why they aren't a snug fit around the rails).
post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:55 AM

For me, I rest the heel of my shoe on the ridge where the dloor comes up. Without protection there, the mats are not as worthy. The tux cones up and over the ridge?
post #30 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiAlfaRabbi View Post
For me, I rest the heel of my shoe on the ridge where the dloor comes up. Without protection there, the mats are not as worthy. The tux cones up and over the ridge?
Yes, there was really no attempt to provide carpet protection next to the gas pedal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page