All Weather Floor Mats $$$ - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
Thanks for the information. A $30 option could also be these ones from Weather-Tech at Costco. They are universal all-weather rubber mats with pre-cut areas to fit it at almost perfection.

Not bad. I love Costco and I may just give these a shot. I live in the south and if we get snow, I won't be driving my QV anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:33 PM

Hi, do the tuxmats on the Q4 driver side extend over the whole dead pedal, unlike the weathertech which only partially covers it? Thanks!
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Garage
WeatherTech for the Q4 is now available for ordering.

2018 Giulia TI Sport Q4
I came from The Realm of 4 Rings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Garage
That leather set looks great. I'd almost hate putting snowy, muddy feet on them though.

Greg_C
2018 Giulia: white, base, winter package, stock (so far).
2000 Ducati 900SSie. w/assorted bits n' pieces.
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiAlfaRabbi View Post
Hi, do the tuxmats on the Q4 driver side extend over the whole dead pedal, unlike the weathertech which only partially covers it? Thanks!

Yes, they entirely cover the dead pedal.

• 2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
  • 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscione View Post
WeatherTech for the Q4 is now available for ordering.
I received the full set on Saturday. Since I have a Lusso with the crema interior, I got the black. Because of the color difference, fit is important (to me). I am disappointed in both fit accuracy and coverage, particularly the driver mat.

I think this is their first (successful) attempt at mats for the front. When I checked in June, they only had mats for the back, suggesting some sort of problem.

I have not contacted Weathertech yet so will reserve additional comment until I hear back from them. After they respond, I will post photos (since this kind of stuff is as much opinion as fact).
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzi View Post
I received the full set on Saturday. Since I have a Lusso with the crema interior, I got the black. Because of the color difference, fit is important (to me). I am disappointed in both fit accuracy and coverage, particularly the driver mat.

I think this is their first (successful) attempt at mats for the front. When I checked in June, they only had mats for the back, suggesting some sort of problem.

I have not contacted Weathertech yet so will reserve additional comment until I hear back from them. After they respond, I will post photos (since this kind of stuff is as much opinion as fact).
I don’t understand why you feel obliged to WeatherTech over pictures, but I am curious as to how they handled the passenger side transmission tunnel hump, and would like to see a picture.

I wouldn’t expect the mat design is otherwise any different than the RWD model— the floorpan isn’t— so it was probably just a tricky molding job for that hump which caused the delay.

In any case, I was unimpressed with the RWD set, and am not surprised to hear of your disappointment, unfortunately.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Interestingly enough, the passenger side transmission tunnel hump is the only area that fits perfectly. The laser measurement apparently worked in that area.

I will post the pictures laster today. The reason for holding back is to see if W-tech sent the "first try" mats by mistake. I assume that they measured once and did it wrong & that's why they were only selling the rear mat set.

Pictures to follow - this afternoon.
post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzi View Post
Interestingly enough, the passenger side transmission tunnel hump is the only area that fits perfectly. The laser measurement apparently worked in that area.

I will post the pictures laster today. The reason for holding back is to see if W-tech sent the "first try" mats by mistake. I assume that they measured once and did it wrong & that's why they were only selling the rear mat set.

Pictures to follow - this afternoon.
I see; thanks.

'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 “Quasifoglio” (Alfa Rosso on black/tan) w/ Madness tuning suite (MaxPower Pro ECU, AutoFlash TCU, and GoPedal+ throttle), AFE GT Momentum intake, Remus axle-back exhaust
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Here you go. Weathertech liner photos installed in 2018 Ti Lusso AWD (crema interior & black liners).

As you can see, the mats are "short" on the seat end. That's probably more of a visual problem than a functional problem but for $205, the laser-measured liners should conform better.

The driver liner does not extend to the right of the gas pedal - that place where your wet footwear sometimes rests. The left edge of the driver liner is about a 1/2 inch too tall so might be a spot that your shoes catch entering the car. Probably not a big deal but not a "laser-measured" fit.

As I said in my original post, the problem is the carpet color. If I had black carpet, it wouldn't be so obvious and I would probably be over it.

My alternate choice was going to be Tuxmat. The photos of their liners show better coverage/protection but I don't know how their materials compare to W-Tech. I went with W-Tech because of their reputation. I never heard of Tuxmat until a couple months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Driver Mat Gas Pedal Area.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	79414   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Driver Mat Forward Center.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	79416   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Driver Mat Door Side Edge.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	79418   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Driver Mat Rear Edge.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	79420   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Driver Mat Full.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	79422  

Click image for larger version

Name:	10 Rear Mat Left - OK.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	79424   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 Passenger Mat Forward.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	79426   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 Passenger Mat - Left Side - OK.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	79428   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 Passenger Mat Rear Edge.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	79430   Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Passenger Mat Full.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	79432  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page