Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Sparco Seats - Upgrade Possible?

24K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Alfa Philly 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Have a Giulia QV (my second one and I LOVE it).

I REALLY love the Sparco carbon seats and desperately want them.

Has anyboy been able to upgrade them from the standard seats?

Apparently the airbags are connected?

I hope there's a way to do it!

Thanks so much

#10 ·
#4 ·
Generally both front seats have a sensor in them to activate or deactivate the airbags. If you get your hands on some factory Sparco seats you should be able to swap them in without issue. If they don't have the sensor you are going to either recode the car or get an emulator for the circuit.

#12 ·
I absolutely love the carbon fiber back of the Sparco Seat....but after that, to me, it is a downgrade...I don't track the car and I'm in NY so heated seats are something I'm accustomed to....In addition, the standard sport seat looks great and is extremely adjustable....When I sat in the Sparco (remember, this is my daily driver), I don't think I could have lived with that seat on a daily basis....Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful..just not for everyone.....D

#14 ·
I haven't really tried them out to know. But I'm sure you're right and that the extra padding is more comfy.

But, as Clark's on said of the 8c, "I couldn't care if the seats had spikes in them" ? ? ?

They just look SO BOSS and I really think they give the Giulia massive supercar points.

I can safely report that my seats are now in transit to Sydney, Australia ☺ 4 to 5 weeks and they'll be here

#13 ·
Everyone will have a different experience. I am short and tiny. I don’t have a lot of “padding” but I find the Sparco seats to be awesome. They fit me like a glove. The lumbar curve hits me right where it should. I have luxury leather in my other car with adjustable support and it is not as comfortable on a long ride. I don’t care about heat. I live in AZ. However, hot leather is not fun either. I think all the seats are alcantara so that is a wash. I love the Sparco and the CF bling I am glad my husband DID NOT listen to me. I am very glad we got them not to mention it really layers in the upscale.

Okay. There are occasions that I purposely roll down my read windows so the world can get a shot of those puppies.

#15 ·
The seats are good and I don't think you will be disappointed. Glad you found a set of the OEM seats. That design in clean sharp. I preferred the heated and power seats ;)

#18 · (Edited)
If I lived where you guys are I would have gotten heated seats. Brrrr. Heated steering wheel. But lucky for me I don’t need heat in AZ. I am going to be honest. I don’t think I was chomping at the bit over any of the seats. I have lounge leather that were $2000 upgrade in a 6 year old Mini Cooper. I remember telling the salesman, I like my leather better and he said oh but it is Italian leather. Then we went back to the charts and found there is different leather on different packages. So I really don’t think I will get tired of the look of those seats. OMG dear Lordy they are purdy. I really do roll down the rear windows just so folks can get.a look as they pass by. :smile2:

I really don’t miss power because I so far had it in my Infinity and sold that to get a MINI so I have been in manual mode. Doesn’t bother me.

#16 ·
Clearly....at some point...sitting on spikes on a daily basis would lose its charm.....

#20 ·
OK, if we have established that the OE Sparco seats weigh in at 28 pounds each (is this number right?), how much to the "standard" fully electric and heated seats weigh?

It does appear that EC is selling Sparco seats, but not the OE Sparco seats even though they have 1 picture of the OEM Sparco seats on their website.

Look for the Alfa Romeo emblem embossed on the headrest, the 3 piece back and the opening between the headrest on the back.

#21 ·
Hi everyone.

I own a Stelvio and I want to fit the Sparco Seat like the QV.
Does someone already done it?

I have the Sport seats, leather, power and heated seats.

If I install them.,. will it be error in dash? for power and heated?
Since the airbag will not be an issue, because of emulators. (already done in another car with "recaro" sport seats)

Thank you. >:)

Flavio

#24 ·
Well.. just to let you all know.. that the Sparco´s are fitted in my Stelvio Diesel.
Only powered adjustment in height.. is still enable. The rest is completly disable.
(heating, front and rear powered, and memory buttons at the door)
All manual adjustment.

Just wanted to share with you guys. :wink2:

Ciao!!!

Flavio

Attachments

#25 ·
Well.. just to let you all know.. that the Sparco´s are fitted in my Stelvio Diesel.
Only powered adjustment in height.. is still enable. The rest is completly disable.
(heating, front and rear powered, and memory buttons at the door)
All manual adjustment.

Just wanted to share with you guys. [IMGclass=inlineimg]/forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

Ciao!!!

Flavio
How much did the seats cost you?

#33 ·
I’ve never turned on heated seat feature or steering wheel feature. These should be optional. Just added weight that’s not needed. Surprised someone like madness doesn’t have a CF backing insert for base seats. I guess the demand for carbon fiber fake side vents is more than we know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.