Dealer closed - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc3456 View Post
Lastly, Chambers is building a new Alfa/Maserati dealership on Soldiers Field Road in Brighton, right next door to the Acura dealership and on the site of the former Martignetti Liquors. Though not much closer to Danvers, still a nice commitment to the brand and better location for appealing to their target demographic.
Are we sure this is going to be an Herb Superb franchise? Someone a while back said it was going to be a McGovern franchise. McGovern has a Chrysler Jeep dealership just up the road in Newton so that does make some sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:08 PM

Well there will be someone that will pick up the slack on warranty repairs. We only have two AR dealerships in AZ. If one closes I hate the thought of going to the other dealership. However the one we go to does sell FCA (Fiats, RAMS, JEEPS) so even if they stop selling ARs they will still service them since they have the equipment and do a strong used business on all makes. The dealership won't go out of business but it doesn't depend on Alfa to survive nor FIAT. Doesn't mean that they will always sell them.

Right now after having the 2017 for over a year we still love the QV and wouldn't trade it for anything so all we care about is servicing. We have the 10 year Warranty so for the next 9 years we will continue to enjoy. We have so far had good luck and I do hope the best for Alfa cars. My Bimmer sales guy sent me the Jeremy Clarkson link and watched that like a proud parent. We get into the M3 vs Alfa convo and I told him I will let him take the QV for a spin. You have to drive it to appreciate it. Not the bells and whistles M3 but it is awesomeness. The X5 50i is a very nice car and I could put a pillow in the back and fall asleep on long drives it is smooth and comfy but NOTHING NOTHING in comparison. I do like the HUD but don't miss it in the QV. Actually for all its missing tech, I miss nothing in the QV that I don't have. I actually don't care.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Hernandez View Post
The local paper in Bakersfield CA reports that the local Maserati and Alfa Romeo Bakersfield, CA closed earlier this year. Mo Hosseini, director of operations, said the group halted sales of the Italian brands at the end of January because they were not profitable."Unfortunately (it) wasn't very successful," he said. He also said the lot where Maserati and Alfa Romeo brands were being displayed sold only eight to 10 vehicles per month. Hopefully, this doesn't happen elsewhere.
I feel like my dealership will be closing at some point, probably sooner rather than later.

I bought the car in October, in January I received a call that they were under new management and they wanted to know if I was ready to trade it in for a '19. Sign one that they're desperate to unload the newest models. Also, every time I've been there they only have 1 sales person walking around and a service adviser that may or may not be at the desk. I've seen a customer there to either purchase or service their car maybe 2 or 3 times. This is a Fiat, Alfa and Maserati dealership and I've definitely seen more activity on the Maserati side. Not much more, but more.

I really don't like this dealership but they're 5 miles from my office and 25 from my house. The alternatives are 35 miles and 52 miles away.

• 2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
  • 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:04 AM

There are a few Mass Alfa owners on this thread that may have not seen another thread announcing a Mass Alfa meetup next week.

Just in case:

Alfa Romeo Mass Meet-Up
Sunday April 28th, 2019
11A-1PM
1 University Ave
Westwood, MA
Coffee, Conversation, & Cruise

@mc3456 , I spoke with you a few weeks ago, and hope you and others can make it

Happy Holidays!
mc3456 likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Berlina View Post
Are we sure this is going to be an Herb Superb franchise? Someone a while back said it was going to be a McGovern franchise. McGovern has a Chrysler Jeep dealership just up the road in Newton so that does make some sense.
There was a sign on the construction fencing.

2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio
Rosso Competizione/Blk w/Red Stitching, Full Xpel Ultimate (see video).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Trofeo White/Blk w/Red Stitching
2018 Alfa 4C Spider (In my garage but awaiting the Title.)
Rosso Competizione/Blk Leather
2018 Alfa Stelvio Ti Sport
Silverstone/Chocolate Brown
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisto View Post
There are a few Mass Alfa owners on this thread that may have not seen another thread announcing a Mass Alfa meetup next week.

Just in case:

Alfa Romeo Mass Meet-Up
Sunday April 28th, 2019
11A-1PM
1 University Ave
Westwood, MA
Coffee, Conversation, & Cruise

@mc3456 , I spoke with you a few weeks ago, and hope you and others can make it

Happy Holidays!
Would have loved to but will be out of country.

2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio
Rosso Competizione/Blk w/Red Stitching, Full Xpel Ultimate (see video).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Trofeo White/Blk w/Red Stitching
2018 Alfa 4C Spider (In my garage but awaiting the Title.)
Rosso Competizione/Blk Leather
2018 Alfa Stelvio Ti Sport
Silverstone/Chocolate Brown

Last edited by mc3456; 04-25-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page