German collaboration - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 23Likes

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
German collaboration

Maybe Alfa should join hands with one of the German competition to make a car like the new Supra. That should help with the quality and still drive like an Alfa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsalvi View Post
Maybe Alfa should join hands with one of the German competition to make a car like the new Supra. That should help with the quality and still drive like an Alfa.
Last time the Italians collaborated with the Germans things didn’t turn out so well.

- 2017 Montecarlo Blue RWD Giulia Ti Lusso Light Wood Pkg, Madness GoPedal+, Infotainment Ver. 002.009.059
- 1974 Triumph TR6
- 2012 Audi Q5
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, the new Supra is a big let down. The last gen was a true Supra, but this one made with BMW is just not what i was expecting. They pretty much killed the name. Back in the day the Supra and R34 would go head to head, but now, the GTR would walk circles around it. Its power is nowhere near of what it should of been or could of been.

Toyota should of kept the Supra to themselves and made a monster of a car to compete once again with the GTR or NSX.

So having said that, i hope Alfa stays alone, definitely not partner up with BMW, then its just a recipe for disaster, but thats just my opinion!
MDriver likes this.

'17 QV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingler View Post
Last time the Italians collaborated with the Germans things didnít turn out so well.
While I think I know what you mean, I rather liked this:

MDriver, Alfissimo and wingler like this.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba1 View Post
Quote:
In my opinion, the new Supra is a big let down. The last gen was a true Supra, but this one made with BMW is just not what i was expecting. They pretty much killed the name. Back in the day the Supra and R34 would go head to head, but now, the GTR would walk circles around it. Its power is nowhere near of what it should of been or could of been.

Toyota should of kept the Supra to themselves and made a monster of a car to compete once again with the GTR or NSX.
Wasn't BMW's main contribution the inline six engine?

A really disappointing (and ugly) car. All that hype and then "thud". It almost seemed more of any attempt at a modern-day 2000GT (one of my favorite Japanese cars). It missed that mark as well. My guess is that it will enjoy a brief surge of sales (including some inexplicably above retail price) and then lag the market. Toyota seemed reluctant to resurrect the Supra nameplate, and now I think I know why. I think they reserve supercar status for its Lexus brand.

Quote:
So having said that, i hope Alfa stays alone, definitely not partner up with BMW, then its just a recipe for disaster, but thats just my opinion!
Sergio wanted Alfa Romeo to be 100% Italian. I agree wholeheartedly.
MDriver and August like this.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Of course I agree that it should be 100% Italian but it could have used a better infotainment and not broken down so often. Everytime I am about to hit the red button, it's like tossing a coin. If it starts then I wonder what error code it's going to throw at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipshot View Post
Quote:
Quote:

A really disappointing (and ugly) car. All that hype and then "thud". It almost seemed more of any attempt at a modern-day 2000GT (one of my favorite Japanese cars). It missed that mark as well. My guess is that it will enjoy a brief surge of sales (including some inexplicably above retail price) and then lag the market. Toyota seemed reluctant to resurrect the Supra nameplate, and now I think I know why. I think they reserve supercar status for its Lexus brand.

Quote:
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Of course I agree that it should be 100% Italian but it could have used a better infotainment and not broken down so often. Everytime I am about to hit the red button, it's like tossing a coin. If it starts then I wonder what error code it's going to throw at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipshot View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
That's half the joy of owning Italian things. My Ferragamo shoes that fall apart after wearing them 10 times and my Panerai watch that is always a few minutes off, even if I set it that morning. If everything worked it would be Japanese.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 PM

Garage
100%. Italian, Please, God!
Papa Gallo and Vesparider like this.

Greg_C
2018 Giulia: white, base, winter package, stock (so far).
2000 Ducati 900SSie. w/assorted bits n' pieces.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 PM

@Buba1 you NAILED IT!....have a few "old timers" that are big Supra guys with multiple cars & vintages...and to the one they said the Supra community was let down by the this version...
I have not driven/nor even sat in one..I did see one up close and frankly it did nothing for me.
Moreover while BMW makes a great straight 6, the Supra should have their own power-plant...also if you look at the new Z4 they are some very similar styling cues between the two...

frankly I'm not their market, but I think Toyota shiit the bed with this opportunity....too bad, if anyone needed a sportcar back in the line-up they do!
Buba1 likes this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 PM

Lambo was going through really rough times financially during that time...when BMW had to "liberate" the car...rumor was that Otto Skorzeny did the deed...LOL
Giugiaro did a bang up job on the design though..

now the Germans just buy the Italian Companies... Audi=Lamborghini & Ducati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page