Non-adjustable camber? - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
 21Likes

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question Non-adjustable camber?

I took my Giulia to Firestone to have the wheels rotated and the alignment checked/adjusted (by purchasing a lifetime alignment) and was told the rear camber is out by between -.15 and -.19 but is non-adjustable unless I purchase some type of bolt kit for around $50. Has anyone else encountered this or been told the same? Is this amount of negative camber an issue I should be concerned about?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:27 PM

I get the feeling theyíre just pulling your leg to get some more money. Iíve purchased a lifetime alignment before, and every time I brought the car back felt like they just didnít do anything beyond the first time.

Searched up rear camber kit and itís a lot more than $50:

https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...IaAiZgEALw_wcB

Strangely I recall my wifeís Giuliaís camber being off on the front left. I suspect pothole damage.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I wonder if the part you linked is sold more for people who want more negative camber, not just to adjust it back to spec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:18 PM

Iím afraid I have misplaced the alignment printout I got from my trusted shop. If/When I find it I will report what seems adjustable or not.

That $50 for camber adjustment parts sounds so familiar, sadly....
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:34 PM

AFAIK the rear camber is adjustable and is tied to toe. Is the toe in spec? That said, that's not that much additional negative camber, many people would prefer to have a little more negaitve than the spec calls for.

The other complication is that AR changed springs height between different years and models. As such, the camber changed. Are you certain the shop is using the settings for the *exact* model car and year that you have?
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
AFAIK they were using the factory specs for the specific car, they said it was programmed into the machine. Tow was out on all four wheels, until they adjusted it back in. They told me rear camber was non-adjustable with the factory setup unless the dealership has some specialized tool for adjusting it. Tow was also only out by .2 or less, so not a huge amount.

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:13 PM

Madness Autoworks has adjustable upper arms to reduce rear negative camber.

https://madnessautoworks.com/
lowlight likes this.

AlfaAndy
2018 Giulia Ti Q4 Lusso, ordered 07-2017, arrived 11-2017, Xpel ppf and Opti Coat ceramic coating.
Eurocompulsion ECU tune and intake tube
1986 Spider Graduate
1974 Giulia GTV
1974 Giulia Spider
Dozens of 60's 70's 80's and 90's Alfas owned and driven and flipped.
Member Alfa Romeo Owners Club
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnm View Post
AFAIK they were using the factory specs for the specific car, they said it was programmed into the machine. Tow was out on all four wheels, until they adjusted it back in. They told me rear camber was non-adjustable with the factory setup unless the dealership has some specialized tool for adjusting it. Tow was also only out by .2 or less, so not a huge amount.
.2 isn't huge but I believe the camber will end up adjusting as they adjust that. Your camber isn't much out of spec either. I'd be surprised if alignment shop SW checks build date for when ride heights changed (springs were changed during a model year and, in some instances, have since changed back). But I've been surprised before.

Was anything in the trunk? How full was your fuel tank?
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The trunk was empty and the fuel tank was close to half full (per the fuel guage).

Last edited by Johnm; 02-21-2019 at 04:28 PM.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:13 AM

Rear camber is adjustable, separately from toe.
GMcA, lowlight and beaups like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page